How to make IPS4 Bug Tracker

Warzone

This is step by step guide to make the same bug tracker like IPS4 Bug Tracker - FRESH Database
(i do hope you understand, i can help you with it, just send me a message)

First you need to have IP.Pages ( aka Pages ) 
Second, you need to know how to "copy & past" stuff  

Okay, so here are the steps in order - with no Categories... Going to make a database, field, and page while im writing this guide  
so if i forgot anything, just add it

STEP 1: 
Go to the application Pages then click on Databases, click on + Create New

STEP 2:

Then a popup will...pop up just click "Next"..
Now, you got a new page with 5 tabs on top: Details, Language, Options, Forums & Page

Details: 
Name: choose the name you want, Bug Tracker, Support? 
Description: add what ever you want here  
Use Categories: If you want 100% as IPS4, select, and click on the radio button: "No, store records in the database directly"- 
if you want to use categories, do not edit this, let it be: 
Yes, allow records to be stored in different categories
- chose the options you want if you chose no categories. 
Database Index: Select "Show categories"

jump over the 4 next template stuff
Template key: use either: support, bugs, bug, i use help  

Language: 
IF you want to use this as a support database, i recommend you to use: support, or bug report as Language, but it is all up to you

Options: 
Wiki style: No - do not edit
Edit own records indefinitely: Do not edit
Store revisions: Yes, do not edit
Allow searching: if you want, let it be, if not, set it on no  
Update the last action: Do not edit, if you want to edit it to your own do it But normal are: When a new comment is made only
Moderate new records: no, do not edit
Allow Comments: Yes, do not edit
Moderate new comments: No, do not edit
Allow Reviews: This is all up to how you want it, but i have it on: No, because i don't believe a review would benefit in a support tracker
Tags: up to you, i do now use this 
Field Options: 
- Sort: Record ID? Or you can choose between the ones who are listed, up to you how you want to list the records. 
- Order: If you want the last post to show on top, use: descending 9-0
- records per page: Up to you
Enable record image upload: this is like attachments, up to you  

Forums: 
If you want to add the support bugs in a forum, feel free to do so

Pages:
Database page:  LOOK STEP 6

Click SAVE at the bottom

STEP 3:
Chose the Permission: to your desire  
and click save, now, you need to go somewhere else  

STEP 4:
Below the database you just made there are a few options, one of them are Fields. click on it  

STEP 5:
A new page has come up, now click on + Create New 
Here are 2 tabs you need to​ edit, General Options & Display Options, we going to manage general options first:

General Options
Title: Status
Description: leave description alone
Type: use the list and find: Select Box, use this
Default Value: Add lower case the first key you have: pending. 
Content: here are  2 fields you need to fill out, click on "Add Another" 2 more times to add in total: 6 fields
Key:  pending
Value: Pending
Key:  fixed
Value: Fixed
Key:  closed
Value: Closed
And on Settings below, only add: Field Required and Allow Filtering 

Click on Display Options: 
template key: status

Show in listing template: YES
Listing View format:  Select Custom
A field, or 2 have been added below, add this code to the box(es)

{{if ($value=='Pending')}}
<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style3 ipsPos_right">Pending</span>
{{elseif ($value=='Fixed')}}
<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style4 ipsPos_right">Fixed</span>
{{elseif ($value=='Closed')}}
<span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style6 ipsPos_right">Closed</span>
{{endif}}

Show in display template: Yes
and do the same here as you did above   select: custom, add the code in the box below.

Editable when viewing a record: Set this to "yes" 
And click: Save! 

STEP 6: Now the Page steps.
Ok, go to Pages -> Pages -> Add Page -> Select: Page Builder:
Name:  you want to make a new page for this: name it bugs/bugtracker, bureports or your own name
page filename: bugtracker? 
Theme: Default Theme
Template: Single Column
Then add the meta and stuff you want
If you want to add the page to menu, do that to

Oke, select permission, and then click on SAVE

STEP 7:
Go to pages again, and click on Page Builder - the little grey box on the left side, in the middle :P
Okay, so the page went up, now you are seeing the awesome page you just made, so, on the LEFT side you the Block Manager, oke, so go to: Pages -> DRAG the "Database" out on the "mid field", or the top field. 

Click now on: EDIT  - Select the database you made  
and, click "Finish Editing on the left side menu: block manager, at the bottom. 

And you are ready to go to report sum bugz, happy bugin' 

STEP 1: How to make the Status destriptions 
Okay, so, go to the support page you just made, click on this: so the block manager pops up on the left
Go on Pages, and drag: WYSIWYG Editor to the sidebar, and EDIT, add this code: 

<li class='ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical ipsBox' data-blockID='app_cms_Wysiwyg_du7yodclq' data-blockConfig="true" data-blockTitle="WYSIWYG Editor" data-controller='core.front.widgets.block'><div class='ipsWidget_inner ipsPad'>
	<p><strong>Status Definitions</strong></p><p><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style5">Pending</span> = We are still working on this report.</p><p><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style4">Fixed</span> = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available&nbsp;in the next version.</p><p><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style6">Closed</span> = Feedback or&nbsp;opinion&nbsp;better posted on our forum for discussion.&nbsp;Also for reports we cannot reproduce or&nbsp;need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</li>

and click on, Save, and then click on: Finish Editing

And you are done  fjewhhh, almost felt a sweat tear there lol... 

Live Demo: http://385.no/feilrapporter/ , http://385.no/qa/ & http://385.no/info/  

Thanks for reading, and stuff, IF you find any issues, wrong stuff, or something just reply:)

Per each member, like how there is a yes/no toggle for Forums (Users can see topics posted by other users?).  So basically like that says, each person submits their request or bug report and it's private to them and the mods/admins.  In this case I am using the support function in Commerce currently but I would love to be able to have this on it's own page and setup like you have it. 

• 1 month later...

For Herofiles' "Status Description" step you shouldn't paste the widget stuff into the WYSIWYG Editor.

Only this part would go in (as a "code" block which requires the user to have HTML post permission):

<p><strong>Status Definitions</strong></p><p><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style5">Pending</span> = We are still working on this report.</p><p><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style4">Fixed</span> = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available&nbsp;in the next version.</p><p><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_style6">Closed</span> = Feedback or&nbsp;opinion&nbsp;better posted on our forum for discussion.&nbsp;Also for reports we cannot reproduce or&nbsp;need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

This is how Herofiles' had it with the widget stuff (which will totally bug out the WYSIWYG editor):

STEP 1: How to make the Status destriptions 
Okay, so, go to the support page you just made, click on this: so the block manager pops up on the left
Go on Pages, and drag: WYSIWYG Editor to the sidebar, and EDIT, add this code: 

<li class='ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical ipsBox' data-blockID='app_cms_Wysiwyg_du7yodclq' data-blockConfig="true" data-blockTitle="WYSIWYG Editor" data-controller='core.front.widgets.block'><div class='ipsWidget_inner ipsPad'>
</div>
</li>

Yesterday I was working on this and made some customizations for my own needs. An idea has risen and just wondered if a field can be attached to a URL

To put it simple, I have a field which will include a number like 12345678 and I want that field be clickable on record view so that when I click it will be directed to

http://siteurl.com/12345678

Use “Display Custom Format” in the field settings:

<a href="http://siteurl.com/{$value}">Open Page</a>

@Ralf H. Works perfect. I have changed it a bit and the view got much more better..

<span class="ipsBadge ipsPos_right" style="background-color:#FE642E"><a href="http://siteurl.com/{$value}" target="_blank">TEXT YOU LIKE</a></span>

Not that you need it but there may be other newbies like me who can use it ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Thread necro I know, but it's relevant to this thread... Having followed these steps I get an error when I click "Add New Record".

Error code: 2C137/3 - The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

I've set all database permissions for my group and I've also given myself permissions to view the page.

What have I missed?

Archived