index, noindex, follow, nofollow pages/sections

esquire

Is there a way to set pages or categories to be indexed/noindexed or follow/nofollow at all? For example, let's say I want to set a forum to be noindexed, the gallery app to be treated as images without text, etc. Are there any controls for this in the suite?

Is there a way to set pages or categories to be indexed/noindexed or follow/nofollow at all? For example, let's say I want to set a forum to be noindexed, the gallery app to be treated as images without text, etc. Are there any controls for this in the suite?

​Set the meta tags for the url in the ACP.    it's fairly straight forward...

​Set the meta tags for the url in the ACP.    it's fairly straight forward...

​Where would one do this? Let's say I've got articles I don't want indexed and some I do. How would I index some articles and not others?  I don't see where you can set meta tags for things like robots, only for "keywords" and "description" in pages.

​Where would one do this? Let's say I've got articles I don't want indexed and some I do. How would I index some articles and not others?  I don't see where you can set meta tags for things like robots, only for "keywords" and "description" in pages.

​Well you asked about a forum (I assume you meant a sub-forum) and a gallery.  

It is done in the meta tags editor in the ACP, the live meta tag editor works best if you are going to do specific articles.....

say for example that I didn't want my trivia category to be indexed. I go to my ACP and type Meta in the search bar... that leads me to this:meta_tags_page.thumb.png.6eace4597041533

I use the Live Meta Tag editor and navigate to the page I want to modify.  You can do a specific article or a specific catagory or a whole forum using wildcards.

Add the tags... then go back to the ACP screen to double check and tweak. 

add_meta_tag_step_1.thumb.png.daa11307bc

the above will add a meta tag of Robots - noindex, nofollow to my entire trivia category.

Now, at the moment, that functionality doesn't appear to be working fully... so I plan to enter a bug report later today.

Cool!!! Tested it on the gallery main page and it actually works. It's a great and very necessary addition, especially for certain areas where content quality is not expected to be best indexed. While it's not so easy to use for things like articles or individual items as I'd expect (toggle on and off), it does work and can be applied to an entire Application provided you use an asterisk.

I'm not sure why this system uses only URLs rather than an actual content ID number such as a forum topic or Pages page. So if a URL changes if you move a page or rename it, while the system with 301 redirect a request to the right page, the customized tags applied to the page will be lost. 

Archived