Featured Content for IPS4.x+

So I just purchased (been thinking about it for too long honestly).... Is there a way to make an "All" checkmark for sections?

For example if I choose "Forums" I don't have to choose individual forums but it will pull all featured topics from all forums?

Edit: It would also be awesome to be able to set the "default" No image icon via a setting. That way if it doesn't have an image it will pull your own.

Edited by Morrigan
8 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

So I just purchased (been thinking about it for too long honestly).... Is there a way to make an "All" checkmark for sections?

For example if I choose "Forums" I don't have to choose individual forums but it will pull all featured topics from all forums?

Edit: It would also be awesome to be able to set the "default" No image icon via a setting. That way if it doesn't have an image it will pull your own.

Yes, I will add the 'all' checkmark and default image setting in the next version.

11 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

One more thing (sorry), is there a way to actually only show "featured" content and also a way to put a time delimeter on the content if you are choosing random. Or at least something that doesn't pull archived content? I found that mine pulled archived topics and that's certainly not the way to attract new members. <_<

:sorcerer: Sure, I like the ideas from my clients to complete my app.

12 minutes ago, onlyME said:

Hi all, V4.1.1 is out

• Added 'all' checkbox for categories selection.
  • New setting to for the default no-image.
  • New option to get only specified contents (pinned, featured).
  • Never get archived topics.

Threads with No Images are now appearing since this update even though the option is set not to display if no image exists?

12 minutes ago, Police Community said:

Threads with No Images are now appearing since this update even though the option is set not to display if no image exists?

Sorry, it's my bad. Try to download it again and unpack the featuredcontent.tar (in downloaded zip file) then upload the file \applications\featuredcontent\sources\Slider\Slider.php

Edited by onlyME

Hello, would it be difficult to include Calendar Events in the Featured Content? It would be nice to have pulled the background images of Events with the basic event details into the hook. I love the application as it is and this improvement would be yet greater addition to my community.

1 minute ago, svit said:

Hello, would it be difficult to include Calendar Events in the Featured Content? It would be nice to have pulled the background images of Events with the basic event details into the hook. I love the application as it is and this improvement would be yet greater addition to my community.

Ok, I will think about this idea.

Hey @onlyME I'm having a problem with the "Featured Files" or Downloads. Looking at my error log it looks like with this particular one it is not finding the correct column:

Sun, 15 Nov 2015 23:14:09 +0000 (Severity: 2)
72.201.27.238 - http://distant-fantasies.net/newatdf/
IPS\Db\Exception
1054: Unknown column 'file_feature_flag' in 'where clause'

28 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Hey @onlyME I'm having a problem with the "Featured Files" or Downloads. Looking at my error log it looks like with this particular one it is not finding the correct column:

Sun, 15 Nov 2015 23:14:09 +0000 (Severity: 2)
72.201.27.238 - http://distant-fantasies.net/newatdf/
IPS\Db\Exception
1054: Unknown column 'file_feature_flag' in 'where clause'

Try to open /applications/featuredcontent/sources/Slider/Slider.php

Find (line 830)

$state[] = 'file_feature_flag=1';

Replace to

$state[] = 'file_featured=1';

Save

Just now, Morrigan said:

Another feature request... Members feed? Being able to choose random or recent members. Would be awesome if there was a plugin that possibly worked with the "Featured Members"  plugin as well. The image it would pull is their avatar or maybe there profile image?

I will think about your idea.