The final date of implementation of the IP 4.0

kkucharsky

Hello there, 

Can you tell me when exactly will the final version be avaible? In April, May?  :) I need specific date. 

Is the new version wll include all additional moduls f.ex. blog, content and chat? 

Thank you in advance for your answer,
Chris - Traderzy.pl 

My guess is that RC versions will at least go up to 8. Given we receive about 1 RC per week, thats a month plus an extra two or three weeks to prepare for the full release (Remember they also have to update all the website, demo system, resources etc). So give them at least 2 months.

If you are really desperate, I'd say build your board on one of the final RC's because there is usually that extra period between the final RC and the first full release.

All applications should be released with it, however IP.Chat will just be a compatibility upgrade of the previous version then later they will roll out the new IP.Chat (See Feature Plan)

My guess is that RC versions will at least go up to 8. Given we receive about 1 RC per week, thats a month plus an extra two or three weeks to prepare for the full release (Remember they also have to update all the website, demo system, resources etc). So give them at least 2 months.

​I think quicker than that.  One or two more RC's at most.  I suspect that most of the website/demo stuff is ready to go; blitz a few more bugs this week and hey presto!

​I think quicker than that.  One or two more RC's at most.  I suspect that most of the website/demo stuff is ready to go; blitz a few more bugs this week and hey presto!

​I would like to hope so, there's about 3 pages of pending bugs (which is not too bad) left. However every RC release seems to refill it a few pages so I figured to give them a few more RC's to get it down more ;):)

​That's just without Priority Status. Select Priority Normal and you have another 5 sites.....

​Haha I thought the blank would have worked as an "All" filter... 8 pages, yay. Looks like I might have to +1 RC to my estimate. :rofl:

I feel a song coming on...
YOmDuDV.jpg

Since you've been a member here since 2011 you should know by now that IPS can't give exact dates for when something will be ready. It will be ready when it's ready. Since we're at release candidate stage however, the final release version can't be that far away. Just depends on how well the bug fixing goes. Checking the bug tracker can often give an indication of how many more RC's are coming.

My guess is we probably will have a couple more of RCs and it does not surprise me since it deals with a whole IPS suite. Exact date will likely probably be in mid April or later if we're lucky to see a more robust release. Til then, I would'nt mind having more RCs as with each new one , you should get better stable release.

​Haha I thought the blank would have worked as an "All" filter... 8 pages, yay. Looks like I might have to +1 RC to my estimate. :rofl:

I feel a song coming on...
YOmDuDV.jpg

​Okay, this seriously made me laugh a little more than it probably should have. LOL 1.gif

Priceless. :wub:

Hello there, 

Can you tell me when exactly will the final version be avaible? In April, May?  :) I need specific date. 

Is the new version wll include all additional moduls f.ex. blog, content and chat? 

Thank you in advance for your answer,
Chris - Traderzy.pl 

Personally, even when it does go to release, I plan to wait a while longer and do a few test upgrades.

• 1 month later...

Archived