Community Competition to Name the new Stream

Joel R

I think it should be an admin defined phrase through the ACP so that administrators can choose something appropriate to their users.

Don't be shy.  We know you're just trying to keep all of the good ideas to yourself!  :cry:

IP Nexus isn't actually bad though.

Ironically enough, Nexus would work better as a name for content stream since the nexus is meant to be most important point/place of something. The Center...

1. Impulse

2. Intuition

3. The Hub

""  time has no meaning inside the Nexus  ""

The ones I like most are...

- activity
- discover
- stream
- sense
- feed
- pulse

It seems important to me that the chosen term should be only one word instead of a combination of words because simplicity is key. Using 3 words or 2 words explaining the purpose of the function takes too much space and complicates talking about it.

Some really neat ideas so far:

• I like the tribute to IPS with Power Stream.
  • I like the idea of Discover although since the word itself can be used generally, I think there needs to be a unique identifier after it like Discovery Stream or Discovery Feed.  

If the suggestions so far are any indication, IPS clients are going to have some very clever communities.

demotivational-poster-51093.thumb.jpg.3b

(Darth Vader says: "You're doing it right, IPS.")

May the Force be with you to come up with the best name!

Some really neat ideas so far:

• I like the tribute to IPS with Power Stream.
  • I like the idea of Discover although since the word itself can be used generally, I think there needs to be a unique identifier after it like Discovery Stream or Discovery Feed.

If the suggestions so far are any indication, IPS clients are going to have some very clever communities.

demotivational-poster-51093.thumb.jpg.3b

(Darth Vader says: "You're doing it right, IPS.")

May the Force be with you to come up with the best name!

Joel theoretically can't we all change the name of it anyway on our individual forums?

Archived