Mark Solved

Square Wheels

Hi Square Wheels,

The Q&A system as been improved since v3 to allow people to also rate up/down answers. You can enabled this by changing your forum to a "Question" forum.

NS2ZGIu.png

"Mark as Solved" is now called "Mark as Best Answer". You can mark it by clicking on the tick icon.

a6w72a1.png

• Management

We changed the system to the Q&A mode as that is what so many clients were asking for. People wanted a more complex system dedicated to Question and then an Answer.

The old Mark as Solved thing was just like a normal forum discussion where you just sort of tagged a post as the answer and all it did was change it green and put a badge on the forum listing.

We have an idea for a future implementation that will do what Mark as Solved did and a whole lot more. It will arrive in a not too distance release.

• Management

Thank you Charles.

​I just don't want you thinking we didn't care about this one :) ... it was done for a reason based on feedback. But I think our broader implementation of the post marking will be something that works for you.

• 1 year later...
On 3.03.2015 at 4:49 PM, Charles said:

I just don't want you thinking we didn't care about this one :) ... it was done for a reason based on feedback. But I think our broader implementation of the post marking will be something that works for you.

Hello,

Where is the "mark as solved" option?

I have v4.1.15 and I cannot enable it in the discussion forum. Frankly, this was the function that I most desired in the forum. Is there any workaround for this? Or maybe a working, up to date plugin?

@Charles incidentaly I was going to open a topic about this. @Adriano Faria made a plugin a while ago that restored this functionality, which was great, as the database table still had the is_solved row, so the information of all topics that were marked as solved in the 3.4.x series was preserved. However, this plugin had a few bugs that he couldn't solve, so he simply decided to remove the plugin from the marketplace and make it unsupported/discontinued. We are anxiously waiting for this feature to be restored to IPS, as it is one of the most requested features by our users and moderators.

Cheers,

Gabriel.

• Management
2 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Charles incidentaly I was going to open a topic about this. @Adriano Faria made a plugin a while ago that restored this functionality, which was great, as the database table still had the is_solved row, so the information of all topics that were marked as solved in the 3.4.x series was preserved. However, this plugin had a few bugs that he couldn't solve, so he simply decided to remove the plugin from the marketplace and make it unsupported/discontinued. We are anxiously waiting for this feature to be restored to IPS, as it is one of the most requested features by our users and moderators.

Cheers,

Gabriel.

It's still on the radar... but so are thousands of other things. I wish there were more hours in the day. :(

On 30/09/2016 at 0:50 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

Cheers,

Gabriel.

What issues did he have? I have an in house equivalent plugin (which would not be compatible with other sites because it was designed around a custom theme), and it seems to be working correctly.

Archived