Responsive Logo Image

Terry - AKA Dumbledore

I have a request to be added to IPS V4. In the theme design I would like to have  the ability to have

2 logo's  one for a normal computer based boards, which can a wide as the resolution will allow. Then

one for a responsive size logo less the 250 px  for display on cell phones. I know you can make

one logo under 250 px, but that looks small on a computer based browser.

I have a request to be added to IPS V4. In the theme design I would like to have  the ability to have

2 logo's  one for a normal computer based boards, which can a wide as the resolution will allow. Then

one for a responsive size logo less the 250 px  for display on cell phones. I know you can make

one logo under 250 px, but that looks small on a computer based browser.

​I thought I remembered someone from IPS saying that this would be available.  I wonder what happened to it.

You can also look at something like, http://www.leemunroe.com/designing-for-high-resolution-retina-displays/ . It's really up to you. What I would usually do is just double the size of my current logo, so 200px width to 400px (a higher DPI version), save it. Then add a width to the image tag width="200" this will size correctly both on retina / standard. If you don't set a width on a standard display it would show the full sized image (400px wide).. 

You can also look at something like, http://www.leemunroe.com/designing-for-high-resolution-retina-displays/ . It's really up to you. What I would usually do is just double the size of my current logo, so 200px width to 400px (a higher DPI version), save it. Then add a width to the image tag width="200" this will size correctly both on retina / standard. If you don't set a width on a standard display it would show the full sized image (400px wide).. 

You'll probably get dinged by Google for file size being too large on small mobile devices. 

• 1 year later...

Many WordPress themes have the ability to upload different versions of the logo (Retina version, mobile version, etc). Would be nice to have the same thing for Invision because there is a lot of wasted masthead space on desktop version that could be used for a catchphrase or even an ad if it didn't cause the responsive mobile theme to break. 

Archived