RC4 today?

Square Wheels

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just upgraded to RC3 so I am not in the mood for another RC upgrade LMAO

But I am a little bothered that the rebuilding process takes so long on IPB4. I miss the option of being able to do them one at a time as well as setting how many cycles it can do.

@Charles said they would be releasing a script to run from the command line that would use much more of your server's capability to run the upgrade processes.  I'm looking forward to testing that.  All told, it was about 30 hours start to finish for the Cron task to upgrade all of my stuff.

@Charles said they would be releasing a script to run from the command line that would use much more of your server's capability to run the upgrade processes.  I'm looking forward to testing that.  All told, it was about 30 hours start to finish for the Cron task to upgrade all of my stuff.

​LOL I don't know how to use command line though :D

The upgrade itself actually went fine. It was actually fast. But it was the fact of rebuilding the stuff/content....that annoyed me a bit.

490,000 posts, 10,000 topics and 1.5K members...I'd hate to see how it is for a big board :P

I did the manual rebuilding and that took ages to do all those posts and status updates(like 72,000 of those) lol. But now the manual rebuild just hangs or times out now...so it wont do it anymore.

My question is...is it necessary for me to rebuild all that? I mean the site and content is  all there but could I skip it?

I just miss the option of being able to choose it one by one instead of it doing all at once and being able to change the amount of cycles it did. That is a feature I miss from 3.X but not enough to make me too mad lol

Archived