Easy Pages

58 minutes ago, raincat said:

Thanks!

Blank page sounds like a PHP error. Check your server logs or IPB logs (uploads/logs) for what might be going wrong.

What you describe is a substantial piece of custom development, so I can't provide any specific guidance. All I can tell you is you'll want to have PHP parsing enabled, and caching disabled, for the page(s) in question. Pulling in the profile and adding your fields is another matter entirely.

• 3 months later...

Hey Ryan, just bought Easy Pages. My goal would be to implent a Simple javascript liek this:

<script type="text/javascript">
			function setIframeSource() {
				var theSelect = document.getElementById('location');
				var theIframe = document.getElementById('myIframe');
				var theUrl;

theUrl = theSelect.options[theSelect.selectedIndex].value;
				theIframe.src = theUrl;
			}
		</script>
</head>
<body>
<h1> HypremCraft Map Directory
</h1>
<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="">
<label>
Server:
  <select name="location" id="location" onchange="setIframeSource()">
<option value="./select.html">Server</option>
<option value="http://server1.net:8123/">Creative</option>
<option value="http://server2.net:8124/">Survival</option>
</select>
</label>
</form>
<p> </p>
<iframe id="myIframe" src="./select.html" width="800" height="400" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"></iframe>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

I guess I am doing something wrong because it doesn run the html code. I didnt found any documentation inside the package so im Wondering if it is possible or not.

Cheers

29 minutes ago, mexopix said:

Hey Ryan, just bought Easy Pages. My goal would be to implent a Simple javascript liek this:

I guess I am doing something wrong because it doesn run the html code. I didnt found any documentation inside the package so im Wondering if it is possible or not.

Cheers

What do you mean 'it doesn't run the HTML code'?

• 2 months later...

Hello. I have the latest versions of IPB 4 (4.1.14.2). After log in to the forum (account) pops up this error (attach).

It shows error code. I mistake home -> Easy Pages. I do not know why shows such a path.

On the previous version of the IPB it was correctly. Please help and repair.

321.png.143e7b4b7c8fab4c20e9ee5edb94cbe4.png

6 hours ago, Nasgoth said:

Hello. I have the latest versions of IPB 4 (4.1.14.2). After log in to the forum (account) pops up this error (attach).

It shows error code. I mistake home -> Easy Pages. I do not know why shows such a path.

On the previous version of the IPB it was correctly. Please help and repair.

Is Easy Pages set as your default application?

The error suggests you do not have any default page set for the application. That's in the Easy Pages settings.

6 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Is Easy Pages set as your default application?

Nope.

6 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

The error suggests you do not have any default page set for the application. That's in the Easy Pages settings.

This error was not on the previous version of IPB. This happens only on the 4.1.14.2. I sent you PM with my adress forum and my account. Check on your own.

On 8/28/2016 at 3:16 PM, Nasgoth said:

Nope.

This error was not on the previous version of IPB. This happens only on the 4.1.14.2. I sent you PM with my adress forum and my account. Check on your own.

You should copy-and-paste any information from ACP > Support > Error Logs or System Logs which can help him diagnose much faster.  

On 8/28/2016 at 4:16 PM, Nasgoth said:

Nope.

Okay... frankly, I have no idea what happened to cause that for you, and I can't reproduce it anymore.

I think it must have been an incorrect or out-of-date cache of some kind.

I did two things:

1. On ACP > Applications, I clicked 'Set as default app' on forums, even though it was already selected.
  2. I created a 'Welcome' page, and set that as the default page for Easypages.

I think #1 probably made the difference. You can undo/delete #2 if you'd like.

If you can still reproduce the issue, let me know. You'll probably need to submit a ticket with IPS if so (like, 'why is a non-default app being loaded as my default app?').

1 minute ago, Nasgoth said:

Nonsense is to create a welcome page. O-o  It still did not help.

It is possible to return $ 30?

I wrote a ticket to the IPS.

......As I said, I cannot reproduce the issue anymore. I was not even sent to that welcome page at any time. You're free to delete it, but I figured a generic page would be preferable to an error. Are you still getting the issue?

If you want a solution to your problem, you need to work with me. Getting frustrated at no response in 23 hours, disappearing for four days, and then ignoring all but one sentence of my response is not working with me.

Hello.

This issue does appear to be related to the Easy Pages app. Even if it is disabled, it tries to load as the default, and I have set both the Forum and then Chat as the default, but Easy Pages is still somehow overriding this. Once logged in, you can navigate anywhere without error.

This could be a bug in the default app selector code, however, so I am escalating the ticket to Tier II Support for investigation of that. Because of the advanced nature of your request, please note that it may take longer than usual to fully address your concern. Please also note that advanced support is only available Monday through Friday. I apologize for this delay.

Please ensure, to avoid further delay, that the access information provided on file is and remains valid throughout the duration of this request.

Thank you.

Mark Higgins
Invision Power Services, Inc.

Hello,

We resolved an issue where the FURL configuration may not get set correctly when a new application is set as the default, and this appears to mostly work:

http://forumxxxxxxxxxxx

However, when you login and a query string is passed, the friendly URL rules for the Easy Pages application matches the input URL and the easy pages application gets loaded. Unfortunately, to resolve this issue, the Easy Pages application will need to handle its URLs in a different manner.

At this time, I'm afraid that the issue you are facing is related specifically to the Easy Pages application (its furl configuration in the furl.json file) and is something the author will need to address.

@Ryan H., You can now fix it? Or return the money 34.99$?

Edited by Nasgoth
23 minutes ago, Nasgoth said:

@Ryan H., You can now fix it? Or return the money 34.99$?

I'll investigate that line of thought, but they haven't given a lot to go on. No indication as to why this has never been a problem prior to now. I won't get to that prior to this weekend.

You can try requesting a refund if you'd like, but they are not mine to give. Generally IPS does not give them except under very extenuating circumstances, and this probably does not qualify.