robots.txt

Ilya Hoilik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Management

We do not include a robots.txt in IPS4 as it is not needed. Guest links can be removed entirely for inaccessible sections, so there's nothing for search engines to exclude as they won't see it anyway. :)

• 1 month later...

We do not include a robots.txt in IPS4 as it is not needed. Guest links can be removed entirely for inaccessible sections, so there's nothing for search engines to exclude as they won't see it anyway. :)

Why is it relevant for Google to index for example the ?do=reportComment pages??? 

Why is it relevant for Google to index for example the ?do=reportComment pages??? 

​It isn’t, and that’s why Google won’t usually even see that link, because it gets hidden through the guest permissions – that’s what Lindy explained. 

• 11 months later...
On 03/05/2015 at 8:24 AM, Lindy said:

Yes there is - anything with a CSRF key in the URL will cause issues.

on the "Use recommended settings?" i'm on "manual" settings but when we take a look at the xml generated by the sitemap.php we can see clearly that the option as little   as no effect and yes we have open support incident on this  and other bug on the  sitemap, url issue etc etc... ^_^

3 hours ago, recifbox said:

on the "Use recommended settings?" i'm on "manual" settings but when we take a look at the xml generated by the sitemap.php we can see clearly that the option as little   as no effect and yes we have open support incident on this  and other bug on the  sitemap, url issue etc etc... ^_^

I think you should have created a new topic on your sitemap issue. This topic is about robots.txt started by Ilya Hoilik.

• 1 year later...

Archived