Bug fix slow, releasedate?

NilsFMH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost certainly going to be waiting a few weeks to a month before I even think about attempting an upgrade.

At the moment, I think I'm going to hold off until at least May or June 2015 to go live with it on my site.

​You won't be alone ;) . There are quite a few lists I have to accomplish before I can publish a live version of 4.

I'm almost certainly going to be waiting a few weeks to a month before I even think about attempting an upgrade.

​Same here. Waiting for a more stable version and better (more informative) documentation. 

P/s: I see some people tag other members in their posts. Is it a new feature of IPS CS 4.0? Can somebody please tell me how to use it ? :D

​Same here. Waiting for a more stable version and better (more informative) documentation. 

P/s: I see some people tag other members in their posts. Is it a new feature of IPS CS 4.0? Can somebody please tell me how to use it ? :D

@Khue Le  Just type the @ sign followed by the name of the person your tagging and a pop up menu will appear with names similar to what you're typing. Just select the name you want.

Oops sorry, I clicked twice on the "Submit Reply" button. 

By the way, is it a bug that should be reported or rather a feature (i.e. not letting the post be posted twice) that should be requested? (I have just realised that the same thing happened with the post right before mine :D)

@IBSkin: Thanks. That's awesome :D I should have tried that before asking, since that's the usual (or even universal) way to tag.

However... I didn't receive any notifications (See the attached image. BTW, the button for inserting attached images into the post has been removed??)

I checked Notification Settings and the option "Someone mentions me in a post" is already enabled. A bug maybe?

ipb.png

Does anyone have an expectation on the number of release candidates?  And also, how often an update will be provided, as in the time between RC1 and RC2 and so on.  It seems like if the sudden interest in the latest beta is any indication, there will be a huge onslaught in bug reporting once the RC is released. 

Does anyone have an expectation on the number of release candidates?  And also, how often an update will be provided, as in the time between RC1 and RC2 and so on.  It seems like if the sudden interest in the latest beta is any indication, there will be a huge onslaught in bug reporting once the RC is released. 

​With IPB3 there was RC1 and RC2 and they lasted 4 and 2 weeks respectively. I think given how big the IPB4 change was, we might be looking at 3 RC's this time and probably 3 weeks between them. 

@IBSkin: Thanks. That's awesome :D I should have tried that before asking, since that's the usual (or even universal) way to tag.

However... I didn't receive any notifications (See the attached image. BTW, the button for inserting attached images into the post has been removed??)

I checked Notification Settings and the option "Someone mentions me in a post" is already enabled. A bug maybe?

​Your image displays that you received a quote notification from IBSkin. In the case where you're both quoted and mentioned, it only sends out one of the notifications. It would be redundant to receive two for the same post ;) 

​Your image displays that you received a quote notification from IBSkin. In the case where you're both quoted and mentioned, it only sends out one of the notifications. It would be redundant to receive two for the same post ;) 

​Exactly. I realized that too. And that's great :D Thanks.

Archived