IPS 4 (RC)

kysil

We decided to do beta 8 today and follow with RC1 soon after. We just want to be sure that all the major issues are sorted before we go to RC as that will mean many more people using the software. We appreciate all of those who volunteered to help test the beta releases. Betas can be both fun and frustrating.

Obviously things are delayed and we are sorry for that but we have to balance the calendar with a desire to get things a stable as possible before we start officially supporting IPS4 :)

​I take it Beta 8 will not be supported. When can we expect RC1?

• Management

We are nearly there :)

The bugs coming in now range between minor and a bit annoying but not crash-your-site level which is what we want to see at this stage. It's easy to knock those types of bugs out as they do not take nearly the amount of time that a major bug does. Things start to move more rapidly at this stage.

• Management

My upgrade to Beta 8 went fine, but I still have a lingering issue that existed in previous installs.  I wonder if I should just wipe and start it over again or does IPS want to see it?

​It might be useful to see if you're experience beta oddness or if it's a core issue.

​Soon:

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
The patch will be released soon.

Archived