IPB Forum Index Layout...

Mopar1973Man

I would like to provide some feedback. As for the change in layout of the forum index. It's different but looks cluttered and messy. As for reading it your eyes don't just naturally flow downward reading the list now it's a left to right with a up and down. Sorry to say I'm not liking the new layout. Being honest here not trying to a complainer...

It's optional - you can use the default, which is the traditional list style. :)

Personally, I prefer the grid view, as I can get a better / quicker idea of what is new and what isn't.

​Hi @Ryan Ashbrook can you let me know if I should file the large gaps in mobile view as bug or are you already working on it? 

image.jpg

It's optional - you can use the default, which is the traditional list style. :)

Personally, I prefer the grid view, as I can get a better / quicker idea of what is new and what isn't.

​How's that then?

When everything is in a list you can see the last post date much more clearly, in the grid you can't. But I'm sure you'll convince some. :lol:

​How can user change it back to the old style, I like it that way myself. I can't find the settings for it.

​Cool at least its optional... I might grow into to it later but right now the first time I seen that I wasn't very impressed with the layout.

I think it comes back from the fact I still work around all the old school forums yet. Like http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ then when there is a curve ball thrown and layout changes happen now you kind of on the hunt for information.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the grid layout, too. Was a bit weird at first because it's not how forums are usually laid out, but I agree with some others that it can also provide some more at-a-glance information, which can be useful. However, I do think it works better on message boards with many forums. Smaller boards or those that prefer to have a fewer number of forums might still be better served with the more traditional list format.

Archived