The new forumindex....

TheSonic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like most of it - but what I dont like is that the "blocks" arent the same size. I think it would look quite a lot better if by some magic they would be resized to the same height. I'd also like a bit less gray space (but thats my personal cavaet with IPB4 - I feel a lot of space is empty, dull) and it would be amazing if there'd be an option to give the blocks a custom background - like a collage of forums maybe with a glassy effect. Just thinking.

I find it very interesting. I have no real opinion on it yet, as it looks very unfamiliar right now and I don't judge anything by a first impression. Variety can't be bad though and I definetly like that you are going new ways and try new things! :thumbsup:

In my opinion, blocks like these would make more sense for the blog homepage/index - is it an option there as well?

I think it'd be a great way to differentiate between forums (in traditional list view, which I prefer for forums), and blogs (in the new layout currently being used on forums)

​hey now, that is a brilliant idea! 

- Brian

This kind of thing is what theme settings are perfect for. Something we don't want to bake into the software, but which individual themes can design and run with. I'm excited to see what the designers use them for - hopefully some new, interesting ways of showing content :)

This kind of thing is what theme settings are perfect for. Something we don't want to bake into the software, but which individual themes can design and run with. I'm excited to see what the designers use them for - hopefully some new, interesting ways of showing content :)

​Is it already documented how designers can make use of these different views?

I think it's not the intended look, they tend to push changes out for desktop first I've found and then sort out the mobile issues :)

​With the whole suite being responsive, I would expect they would want this to look good before going to full release, it looks awful on mobile and in my opinion on pc as well (just not a fan of grid view).

Before anyone has a complete meltdown: it's optional and a setting.

​Looks modern that is for sure but here it comes cosmetically it could be done better. The blocks are same high-ed that's a good thing but the section should have been done the same to so that the separator line is always on the same hight that creates uniformity in the design and brings rest in people's eye's.

Archived