Pages: Promote to Article

Adriano Faria

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Charles @Matt @bfarber any plans of this returning in a future RC, perhaps 4.1 etc or is this completely open to a 3rd party developer now? 
Personally I would of thought this one of the more important features that IP.Pages would have on its roadmap going forward at some point?

With user-generated content communities the ease of being able to move information from a Forum to an Article would certainly be a plus.

• 2 weeks later...

37 days since this thread was started without a sniff of any official comment or response on what seems to be a fairly simple question. Poor show IPS. Can we please have an answer? even a one word answer !!!  It seems to be important to many of us and ignoring the polite requests for this info is, quite frankly, both rude and ignorant. 

If its not coming back then just say so ... if it is but there are challenges then perhaps give us a clue rather than leaving us hanging. I have stuck with content/pages from the moment it was released a few years back despite the ongoing lack of documentation or the lack of user friendliness for my less tech savvy editors almost entirely because I could get some of them to use the promote button and then do some basic editing to fix the issues the purifier caused during conversion .... its not perfect, but it is workable. 

if that feature is now gone then please just say so so we can move on and use something like Wordpress for our article area which is far more intuitive for those technophobe content editors ..... 

It seems as if the Promote to Article feature is no longer available.

Just getting this into the new format for reporting missing features as requested by Charles.

I found the 3.4.x one to be a bit trouble prone, so hopefully it is improved when it is returned to IPS 4.0.

There's really no need for the theatrics :) I am incredibly sorry we neglected to reply to this one topic among the hundreds.

Yes this is something we will look into.

​I was just trying to get the topic title into a consistent format.  It's not theatrics.  Could you add the prefix to this topic so it is easier to find a report like this in future?

• 4 months later...

I am curious: How are you guys using this feature? Can you describe it in more detail or show it on your existing sites?

In HighlanderICT’s posts for example, it sounds like he uses this feature as a way for users to submit articles. But that isn’t really the point of this functionality and one could of course also let members submit directly to a Pages database and then let the admins decide which article will be published or featured or whatever.

We prefer the use of posts as that gives us one system to maintain as we are forum based. So we posted the 'news' in any relevant forum and then promoted that post to an article for visibility on our sires portal which was made using articles.

We can live with posting articles but do not like it being forced to be tied to one specific forum, and that the associated forum post does not contain all the data from the article (i.e. no image).

Archived