After Upgrade - Any clue what's happened?

jhutch

So, I attempted to upgrade a demo site (3.x) to Beta 5a. 

I did this by duplicating my live database. Uploading all 5a files into a new folder on my server. Copy/pasted the public and upload folder there as well. Then copied the config file. Edited the config file to point to the duplicated server.

Ran the upgrader. When I finished, I've ended up with the following: http://profootballspot.com/spotv2 - Any clue what is going on here, or where I went wrong?

It's a pain in the butt granted, but if you login to the ACP, you will have the same issue of the style not being called. If you have a copy of a default V4 skin saved anywhere, you can add add a new theme, you just need to find the option to add a theme (which you can do), then upload the theme and then look for admin cp style (as seen below).

Click on the admin cp style and select the style you just uploaded and it should fix the style in the ACP, you can change the default theme for the main site now with ease.

Anyone know of a place to download only the V4 skin? Or could someone attach a file here for me to download?

I can't install another one and do it myself, as it would have to be in the same directory as the current demo because of the licenses. 

You always should change the pathes on the beta / test forum that you want to upgrade to this test forum. Also change the Cookie domain   and Cookie prefix  . Then save the database with these changes and use this one before you start the upgrader. If don´t do this it affects your live site.

​I'm sorry but I don't have a clue what you are talking about, or what the process of this is or would look like. 

Without doing that (which I'm assuming I didn't do, as I don't have a clue as to what any of that means) - how would it affect my live site? I haven't noticed anything going wrong with it.....

You would change said details on the 34x installation before upgrading it (or move the 34x to the 'temp' location, update it then upgrade)

I seem to recall reading yesterday iirc there's a script that could rectify this a rebuild that may be available. I cannot find the topic at the moment and limited connectivity limits my time online. Perhaps it may come with B6 when that appears. A member of the dev team will have to answer really.

I suggest you make a subdomain like testdrive.yoursite.com. Copy your live forum to this new folder, import the database to a test database and run testdrive.yoursite.com .On it´s ACP at Settings: General Configuration change Path to 'upload' directory  and Upload URL  to the pathes of the testdrive folder. The right path is given here IP.Board has detected your uploads path as: . Just copy and paste. If you have other apps like gallery, blog etc installed you need to change the pathes there too. On Server Environment change the Cookie domain   and Cookie prefix .

You also need to update the conf_global.php on the test folder to the new pathes and database data.

Now upload the 4.x.x beta and run the upgrader.

Archived