Beta 5 soon?

Flitterkill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​and did you test it ?

As of now 4 hours later .. The bug is fixed yes .. but if you test IPS site on android you will see the editor is off ..

​No I didn't test it. I simply stated that it was mark fixed in the tracker. I am sure the code it is fixed in is not applied to the live site yet.

• Management

RC1 soon? :)

​We may do a beta 6 or may not depending on how beta 5 goes. As was pointed out we are down to just over a page of bugs. Once beta 5 is out we will evaluate from there but we do think we are nearly out of the beta stage :)

So what happens then?

Obviously after beta stage is over we will being to officially support IPS4 in that you can request technical support with problems, Marketplace categories for IPS4 will be created, and so on. We will also begin doing both regular maintenance updates (4.0.1, 4.0.2, and so on) and feature enhancements. The release systems in IPS4 are very efficient in that the system generates a download with just the files you need to upload. This will allow us to release updates much more frequently as upgrades will be so much easier.

You can expect 4.0.1 to follow 4.0.0 release pretty quickly. Obviously once thousands of clients start using the new Suite previously undiscovered issues will show up so we plan on being very aggressive with releasing updates. Once things calm down and the system proves stable we will also start working in feature additions/enhancements. We have a whole list of things our clients have requested that we plan on adding and the IPS4 framework makes that feasible.

​ The release systems in IPS4 are very efficient in that the system generates a download with just the files you need to upload. This will allow us to release updates much more frequently as upgrades will be so much easier.

​Will we still be able to download the full suite if we want to or only the files needed to upload ?

You can expect 4.0.1 to follow 4.0.0 release pretty quickly.

​Hope the 'updates' will not be released too often as that is when problems start when  'upgrading' the files too often, last time (believe 3.0.x) kept getting errors and having to keep going back to a backup of previous release and trying to upgrade again which was a pain in the backside

Obviously after beta stage is over we will being to officially support IPS4 in that you can request technical support with problems, Marketplace categories for IPS4 will be created, and so on. We will also begin doing both regular maintenance updates (4.0.1, 4.0.2, and so on) and feature enhancements.

​Will the Marketplace API be available at this time as well?

In fact, some early documentation (or at the very least a list of API end-points) would be hugely beneficial.

​But still no IP.Chat, so i am pretty sure there will be another beta :)

​That is a damn shame, I was hoping/expecting chat to be available with beta 5 and that would be the whole suite in Beta and then probably 1 more round of Beta's then release candidate and then a full release.

Archived