Where is the option to show blogs to guests?

PaulKet

Where is the option to show blogs to guests? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it.

Guests can access the module under System > Applications.

I do not see any options in the member group or under the Community > Blog settings.

In the ACP go to applications and expand the blog app (see image below) and click on the padlock to access the permissions you can then indicate what groups will have access to the application.

​Thank you for replying, Angel101. I have already done what you mentioned and guests are still not able to see any blog posts.

blog.thumb.png.516e58e463142ee4e32d4ed09

Edit: Blog posts are not visible while logged in on another account. I don't remember making the post private and can't see any option to make it public.

If you edit the blog you should have an option where anyone can read it - having said that, choosing the other option means you have to specify who can access the blog.  I'm only testing the site myself, so I'll create another member and see if that member can access it.  I'll let you know if I discover anything of worth.

The permissions settings are not exactly intuitive and with no instructions to follow it's shooting in the dark - perhaps that is exciting to some, frustrating to others lol

I think I've figured this out.  When I created a blog it was visible to me as the creator, but not visible to guests or any other member UNTIL I made an entry.  It seems that creating the blog is not enough for it to show - the blog needs to have an entry in it. Now that my blog has an entry everyone can see it. Give it a try and see what happen.

The blog has an entry in it but still isn't visible to guests. I featured the blog post and then it becomes visible only as a featured blog post but that's it. It is beyond frustrating... If a setting exists to keep it hidden and I'm overlooking it, then guests shouldn't be able to see a post when it is featured. I will report it as a bug.

Blog2.thumb.png.5c0136cbf5bebaf8f74f87d7

It is frustrating when you don't see where the problem may lie - you appear to have all the settings correct and I've gone through as many of them as I can find and yours appear to be the same.  If you get any joy at all let us know.

something else happening here .. missing a setting that doesn't wanna wait  :)  it pops up 1 second and then it moves to the next ..

and it seems all of them (applications) have this jumping popup issue ..

but .. I think it is not solving our blog problem also .. strange nobody else spot this before ..

yes .. guests & members don't see the blog ..

Capture.PNG

permission.gif

Things happen so fast on my server that I don't even see that pop-up even for a fraction of a second; mind you, there's only me on the site lol.  This is obviously where the problem lies - another TBF.  Thanks for showing this it sheds a lot of light onto an otherwise dark and frustrating issue.

It could be related to my bug issue, if you have phpMyAdmin you may be able to fix this yourself temporarily now until the next beta.

http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/blog_social_group-r964/

​best tip ever  :)

that fixed it .. it was 0 .. changed it to NULL

select * from IPS_blog_blogs;

there you will find blog_social_group .. it will be 0

I had only 1 blog_id .. so ..

update IPS_blog_blogs set blog_social_group=NULL where blog_id=1;

check your blogs as guest or member .. works!!

Thanks Insydius

It could be related to my bug issue, if you have phpMyAdmin you may be able to fix this yourself temporarily now until the next beta.

http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/blog_social_group-r964/

​best tip ever  :)

that fixed it .. it was 0 .. changed it to NULL

select * from IPS_blog_blogs;

there you will find blog_social_group .. it will be 0

I had only 1 blog_id .. so ..

update IPS_blog_blogs set blog_social_group=NULL where blog_id=1;

check your blogs as guest or member .. works!!

Thanks Insydius

​That fixed it. Thank you @Insydius and @IN10TION .

Archived