Upgrade to IPS 4 Beta 3

xplanedotorg

Has anyone successfully upgraded a Invision 3.4.7 board to 4.0 beta 3?  It failed badly with beta 2 and I read a remark that my issues would be fixed in beta 3.  That was not the case.  Once the upgrade begin I start getting missing columns from various tables.  First one:

Unknown column 'sys_module_admin' in 'where clause' UPDATE `ibf_core_modules` SET `sys_module_area`=? WHERE sys_module_admin=1 

I confirmed that this column is indeed not there.  If I hit continue it will fall for similar reasons on dozens of tables. 

Yes, a couple of times. However, I say that with caution as blocks didn't load and a few errors in ACP existed.

I recently completed an upgrade and all posts, topics members existed but I couldn't login to the ACP. Brandon was looking at my installation, so I'm looking forward to Beta 4. I know from what they have said that a lot of changes have took place on the upgrade system. I'm hoping within the next week we have Beta 4, as I'm off from the 19th until the 5th January and got loads of time to play about.

I'm waiting until the dust settles.  I did load a "Test" copy of IPS 4.0 and playing with it so I can become familiar.  I ran into several problems just upgrading from Beta 2 to Beta 3 so in my opinion IPS 4.0 is still not ready for Prime-Time.  At least for me.  I stand o lose too much if it doesn't work.  So it's play time for about 6 months or so.

I'm waiting until the dust settles.  I did load a "Test" copy of IPS 4.0 and playing with it so I can become familiar.  I ran into several problems just upgrading from Beta 2 to Beta 3 so in my opinion IPS 4.0 is still not ready for Prime-Time.  At least for me.  I stand o lose too much if it doesn't work.  So it's play time for about 6 months or so.

Hence why they call it a Beta ;)

Archived