Beta 4

craigf136

I know Beta 3 has just come out and I know the answer will be "when it's ready" but in all seriousness. Is it likely we will receive Beta 4 with the fixes to the bugs that are being reported from Beta 3, this week?

We are getting so close to a release candidate, that I know or suspect the 3rd party app devs will be desperate to get to a RC so they can start work on getting their apps upgraded (if they haven't already). For us members who want too start the process of getting used to the new system, some (including me, are having problems just getting the upgrade done on a test Db (some have had it for all 3 beta's and yet to have a successful test upgrade) a fresh install goes fine but upgrade just fails

I know the devs are all working hard and doing a really great job - although for me, it is becoming a little frustrating as it will be for IPS no doubt (especially when some members are at Beta 3 stage and still not being able to do a test upgrade without some kind of error). I have done a successful upgrade but blocks weren't available and the database tables from them where empty, I've had step 1 error, step 8 errors, I've had uprgade errors on beta 3 on step 1.

As I say, I know the IPS team are doing a splendid job, I'm just eager to get a full upgrade done with a full 3.4.7 members, topics, posts etc database.

I know, just a bit frustrated at downloading the beta's (I know they are only betas and it's all part and parcel) and encountering errors everytime for upgrades but fresh installs go fine. I just want to have a successful upgrade on a test site, I know it's going to happen, just impatient.

I know, just a bit frustrated at downloading the beta's (I know they are only betas and it's all part and parcel) and encountering errors everytime for upgrades but fresh installs go fine. I just want to have a successful upgrade on a test site, I know it's going to happen, just impatient.

​For sure I am also impatient, I have been waiting for 4.0 for a while now :).

​Be patient young grasshopper ;)

It is much better that we help IPS discover these bugs now than on a release candidate. Right now I'm not too worried that I can't run an upgrade, if we get past beta and it still holds true I'll be terrified. Just give them time.

​We'll have to see what the stocks on Magic Wands is at today when Wall St opens.... seems a bit of a demand may be pushing the price up.

Lets hope the magic wands have worked their magic with 3a, I'm sure most (like me) are eager to get stuck in and getting designing ready for release.

The actual release date isn't bothering me, as we'll need to wait for the 3rd party apps, but getting to redesigning the site using the IPS ecosystem would be fantastic, we are all eager to get started.

Lets hope the magic wands have worked their magic with 3a, I'm sure most (like me) are eager to get stuck in and getting designing ready for release.

The actual release date isn't bothering me, as we'll need to wait for the 3rd party apps, but getting to redesigning the site using the IPS ecosystem would be fantastic, we are all eager to get started.

​Nothing stopping you working with the IPS4 ecosystem. Things may change so you have to keep that in mind.

I wish I had time to work with and could upgrade as some of my data is needed.

Apart from the one error

http://community.invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/beta-3a-maximum-execution-time-exceeded-in-dbphp-line-316-r489/

I've had a successful upgrade with Beta 3a, I had the option to retry or continue and if I continued the upgraded proceeded. I did have one further error when loggin in using the main admin account where it said account needed activated, resending activation email brought up message saying account didn't need activated (it looped in that sequence) - I'll put that down to the above error.

So far so good, now to install pages.

My original error was caused by an early beta 2 upgrade version. After Brandon fixed the problem with the databse, I ran beta 3a with no problems at all. Thanks Brandon.

​What was the fix? @bfarber
I was running an early upgrade of Beta 2 as well, so I'm interested in if that could help me out as well, or if it will be included in the next patch

​What was the fix? @bfarber
I was running an early upgrade of Beta 2 as well, so I'm interested in if that could help me out as well, or if it will be included in the next patch

​Brandon reported to me that that the upgrader was improved to handle this situation. Beta 2 was updated to resolve this problem except for those of us who downloaded the beta early. Something to do with the core_widgets table.

​Brandon reported to me that that the upgrader was improved to handle this situation. Beta 2 was updated to resolve this problem except for those of us who downloaded the beta early. Something to do with the core_widgets table.

hmm, if 3a was updated than it still hasn't fixed the issue for me.

​I just stated that the updater was improved. I do know that it was not done before the release of 3a. In fact, it was done at least one day later.

​Ah, I misinterpreted that. Im currently reverting back to beta 2 in the meantime to at least keep things running until the next patch is released.

Archived