4.0 Image Question

JLS

I would test this myself but I'm not sure what your forum settings are here to hit the limits needed or if I will so thought I'd just ask...

In all the past suites we have our max image size set to 1500px wide. If an image is uploaded larger then the forum creates a new file sized appropriately. The problem is that it would strip the color profile leaving it with a generic RGB profile. I also believe it would degrade the quality of the image if I remember right. This really sucks for a forum like ours which is based around photography. 

Does 4.0 still do that or will it reserve with the same color profile as the original image. Even if it saves it to an sRGB would be great. But stripping the profile makes the image VERY inconsistent  and crappy on every different browser.

I would test this myself but I'm not sure what your forum settings are here to hit the limits needed or if I will so thought I'd just ask...

In all the past suites we have our max image size set to 1500px wide. If an image is uploaded larger then the forum creates a new file sized appropriately. The problem is that it would strip the color profile leaving it with a generic RGB profile. I also believe it would degrade the quality of the image if I remember right. This really sucks for a forum like ours which is based around photography. 

Does 4.0 still do that or will it reserve with the same color profile as the original image. Even if it saves it to an sRGB would be great. But stripping the profile makes the image VERY inconsistent  and crappy on every different browser.

​I just tested this on IP 4 beta, if you set your image processing to image magick (php extension installed of course), it won't strip the profile. I actually don't think GD 2 even supports profiles.

Archived