Paste screen capture

msg

I Know many things have been request regarding adding pictures to a comment/post.

But I do feel I need to bump this topic so it will not get bury by other stuff.

Please for the next version/release add the possibility to paste screen capture right into the text box.

For those who use Onenote from microsoft, or SnagIT/Jing from techsmyth, you know how easy it is to capture portion of your screen and paste into a document.

This would be a nice feature. I'm used to just taking screenshots with Snagit and pasting them into e-mails. No fuss.

To add them to a forum post currently, you have to take the screenshot, open paint, save, then add the attachment... It's a lot of extra steps. It would be great to see the editor automatically parse the attachment by simply pasting it into the editor.

This would be a nice feature. I'm used to just taking screenshots with Snagit and pasting them into e-mails. No fuss.

To add them to a forum post currently, you have to take the screenshot, open paint, save, then add the attachment... It's a lot of extra steps. It would be great to see the editor automatically parse the attachment by simply pasting it into the editor.

try droplr , way easier to use :)

Or Jing.

Does CKEditor have any plugins that handle such functionality out of the box? If so you can always use one of those since you can install any CKEditor plugin in 4.0. But 4.0 won't natively have some screenshot capturing method built in I'm afraid. This isn't really something (to my knowledge at least) that can be handled strictly via web technologies.

If so you can always use one of those since you can install any CKEditor plugin in 4.0.

Oh, really? That's pretty neat. This is a pretty niche request, so I think it would be great as a hook for the editor in that case.

Archived