Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, JEFF MACK said:

Is it normal to get these errors on the webhooks of Sparkpost?  I even created a new API key and made sure it had all permissions.

Untitled

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:12 AM, sobrenome said:

Sorry, but bulk mail it's not working yet with the plugin.

Sorry, I have been on vacation, if you need support please open a support ticket ( http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/support/ )  and I'll be happy to help.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, Knight22 said:

Any plans to support SendGrid?

I do plan to add support for more services, SendGrid is at the top of the list of possibilities.

7 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

Add me to the list of Sparkpost suspensions. Who do you think you'll go to next?

It's a shame really, they had a lot of business handed to them by Mandrill and they're making a hell of a mess.

It's most likely going to be SendGrid next (although support for SparkPost won't be removed)

7 hours ago, Janyour said:

Hello, can we use Mailjet with this app ?

Not at this time, but most probably in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

I just wanted to report an issue, of sorts, that I've found.

If your email fails DMARC or SPF for some reason, yahoo will flag you as spam, but this isn't the same as the user flagging you as spam.  I'm not sure if there is a different way to handle this in Bouncer.

Not really, unfortunately SparkPost doesn't differentiate between these in a way that we know if it's user generated or server generated. This is something that was possible with Mandrill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just purchased and sent an email to 30 K users via sparkpost....

Sparkpost showed me 200 Bounces .. now question is - how this works... whether its configured properly....

It is not showing me any list   in  members > mail bounce > statistics...

How to make sure its configured properly ?

23 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I just purchased and sent an email to 30 K users via sparkpost....

Sparkpost showed me 200 Bounces .. now question is - how this works... whether its configured properly....

It is not showing me any list   in  members > mail bounce > statistics...

How to make sure its configured properly ?

Submit a ticket if you're having an issue and I can take a look.

I just purchased this app and switched back to sparkpost form Amazon SES. Amazon sent me a warning that my bounce rate is too high at 15%. If Amazon SES is added, I guess I'll switch back because they seem to have a higher deliver-ability rate.

A few questions:

I read above this doesn't work if you send a bulk mail, is that correct? What sparkpost setting do you have it on, all emails? Will it work if an app is sending mail using the built in IPS mail? I have one of the newsletter mods and am wondering if it will conflict.

On 3/3/2017 at 8:20 PM, stoo2000 said:

Submit a ticket if you're having an issue and I can take a look.

Stoo, I just tried to login to your site. Are you connected to IPS because it had my updated display name. I tried to reset my password but it states its validating or something like that.

I went to run the support tools on my site and got:

There are some problems with your database

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_members` DROP INDEX `bouncer_disabled`, DROP INDEX `bouncer_warning`, DROP INDEX `bouncer_spam`;

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:14 AM, AlexWebsites said:

I just purchased this app and switched back to sparkpost form Amazon SES. Amazon sent me a warning that my bounce rate is too high at 15%. If Amazon SES is added, I guess I'll switch back because they seem to have a higher deliver-ability rate.

A few questions:

I read above this doesn't work if you send a bulk mail, is that correct? What sparkpost setting do you have it on, all emails? Will it work if an app is sending mail using the built in IPS mail? I have one of the newsletter mods and am wondering if it will conflict.

MailBouncer works with any emails that are sent via SparkPost on your community, whether they're transactional emails or bulk mail. @JEFF MACK is also setting up SES/SNS at the moment. I do want to expand the choice, the next one will most likely be SendGrid and Amazon will follow (SES/SNS is much more complex to configure than the other APIs).

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Stoo, I just tried to login to your site. Are you connected to IPS because it had my updated display name. I tried to reset my password but it states its validating or something like that.

I went to run the support tools on my site and got:

There are some problems with your database

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_members` DROP INDEX `bouncer_disabled`, DROP INDEX `bouncer_warning`, DROP INDEX `bouncer_spam`;

I replied to your PM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2017 at 8:13 AM, stoo2000 said:

MailBouncer works with any emails that are sent via SparkPost on your community, whether they're transactional emails or bulk mail. @JEFF MACK is also setting up SES/SNS at the moment. I do want to expand the choice, the next one will most likely be SendGrid and Amazon will follow (SES/SNS is much more complex to configure than the other APIs).

I replied to your PM.

If you need anyone else to test Amazon SES, let me know. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am getting this error when trying to install the app, and I check my permissions on the server and everything should be correct, themes folder is owned by the apache user.

4S142/7 Cannot write the theme ID directory inside /themes/. Please check the permissions for this directory.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, mtlurb said:

Hello,

I am getting this error when trying to install the app, and I check my permissions on the server and everything should be correct, themes folder is owned by the apache user.

4S142/7 Cannot write the theme ID directory inside /themes/. Please check the permissions for this directory.

Thanks for your help!

Support requests should be channelled through the support system as detailed in the file description. However, I can tell you that this isn't an issue with this application.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:43 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Any updates on Amazon SES/SNS? 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, stoo2000 said:

Support requests should be channelled through the support system as detailed in the file description. However, I can tell you that this isn't an issue with this application.

The error was created because the theme was in Designers mode...