what do you think about IPB support?

bavi

My support exired on Nov 29th. I created a ticket on 24th. They replied on 24th but I didn't get the email which the system sends when someone reply to it. I was patiently waiting for their reply since its holidays and the anouncement on top of the forum which said there will be delays to responses. But on 29th I received the email saying that the ticket going to be closed since no reply to it. then I logged in to my account and found that they replied to my ticket on 24th. So I replied to the ticket on 29th. then they told me to pay to get the support. I replied to them that since its 29th, don't I have the end of the day anyway? But the reply returned with the message that the ticket is closed so the message is not added.

Why would I waste the time when I have a problem to be fixed?

My support exired on Nov 29th. I created a ticket on 24th. They replied on 24th but I didn't get the email which the system sends when someone reply to it. I was patiently waiting for their reply since its holidays and the anouncement on top of the forum which said there will be delays to responses. But on 29th I received the email saying that the ticket going to be closed since no reply to it. then I logged in to my account and found that they replied to my ticket on 24th. So I replied to the ticket on 29th. then they told me to pay to get the support. I replied to them that since its 29th, don't I have the end of the day anyway? But the reply returned with the message that the ticket is closed so the message is not added.

Why would I waste the time when I have a problem to be fixed?

Can you please PM me your ticket number?

You should pay. In my opinion any decent forum that doesn't have an active support account is being very irresponsible. Call it peace of mind knowing that when things break down as they do occasionally you'll be able to file a ticket and get it fixed.

You are in a pretty rare and unique situation where you created a ticket just before your support expired, and then attempted to continue the ticket afterwards (however the ticket closed automatically due to no response on your end).

Ryan has asked that you send him the ticket number so that he may follow up. We'll do the best we can to help you address your concerns, however I wouldn't say that your specific and unusual circumstance is indicative of a general problem with the support we provide. :) I do hope we can help you address your concerns to your satisfaction through the appropriate channels.

The rep closed the ticket without waiting for my reply.

Anyway the ticket is resolved yesterday. thanks.

The support representative didn't close your ticket, it closed automatically because you didn't reply in 5 days. Tickets that don't receive a reply from you within an extended period of time are automatically considered resolved and closed. I believe you should receive an e-mail warning that your ticket is about to be closed, but I'm not sure. Your problem is you didn't receive or notice the e-mail.

IPS isn't trying to deny you support, otherwise they wouldn't be offering to re-open/investigate the ticket for you here now, even though your license has expired :tongue:

You should pay. In my opinion any decent forum that doesn't have an active support account is being very irresponsible. Call it peace of mind knowing that when things break down as they do occasionally you'll be able to file a ticket and get it fixed.

I've almost never used support in the years I've kept my licenses active and have actually suggested the idea of adding discounted plans that don't offer support (or offer support, but charge per ticket, similar to unmanaged vs. managed dedicated servers). Some people may need it, but as a more experienced forum and server administrator, I'm one of the users that don't. I can report any bugs I find here, and any problems I have had the community here has been able to help me with (or I eventually >figure out solutions myself and try and post them for others to reference.)

If I didn't have any active support license, I wouldn't be being irresponsible at least. It's not fair to say everyone who doesn't in being irresponsible. Not everyone needs it, and that's fine.

The rep closed the ticket after asking to pay for support. The staffs can see what happened.

I just wanted to ask what I should do after the ticket is closed. but another staff solved the issue. May be that rep is new or didn't know that if the ticket is opened when the support is active, it has to be resolved even the support is expire. So let this pass. thanks

The rep closed the ticket after asking to pay for support. The staffs can see what happened.

I just wanted to ask what I should do after the ticket is closed. but another staff solved the issue. May be that rep is new or didn't know that if the ticket is opened when the support is active, it has to be resolved even the support is expire. So let this pass. thanks

Ah, sorry I misunderstood your post then. Glad you got your issue resolved.

fwiw I have lately been on a kick to do away with as many license costs as possible and use free unsupported software when possible (hope to be off windows next year, run 1 in vm for anydvd) but IPB renewals are one of the few that I will always try to keep current.

not only because it helps me the few times I come across odd situations but also because I have gotten great service. even during times when staff and I have argued here on forum when it came to support they were awesome.

I'm enough of an ahole that I seldom recommend companies to people but IPB is one of the few I am comfortable doing so.

thats what I think about the support, glad to hear you got your stuff taken care of.

They go above and beyond. Far beyond in many cases for us. I would say they have just about the best support in the web tech industry that I've experienced...

Doesn't mean they can't have a flaw from time to time just like every other company but just saying...

Im a total noob, Ive asked dozens of questions and opened multiple support tickets, (sometimes even at the same time :D ) for the silliest things, Things that were already asked and answered. Things I should have known, And it was more than apparent i knew nothing, And I still don't. And I have received excellent support, always in a timely manor.

I've also found it's just a matter or looking here in the support forums, Sometimes Rhett or Ryan will even help here before they answer your ticket up above. And Aiwa is remarkable at getting to the queries here very quickly.

But most of all ..is.. If I stop in here with a question I'll then go to the support board and see if I.m able to answer one or two of the questions here myself. Thus freeing up the time of the others who are handling the more tasking requirements,

Kindness goes along way and sometimes we all forget that these are real people with lives just as complicated as our own, A kind word goes along way.

God Bless

Support here is the best I have ever received, and this is coming from someone that has rented many GameServers, VPS, Dedicated and been with many web hosts.

All tickets I have submitted have been answered within a couple of hours, and no crap like try this, try that have you done this, most of the time their first reply is with the solution.

Support is good enough, not the best it could be since there is always a way to serve people better, but there's nothing to really complain about. You could have Paypal support and never get responses at all. They seem to be fairly decent when it comes to telling you what is wrong even if it is your fault and not their fault. I've had experiences which I have been left a little unsatisfied, but for the most part I rate their service super.

IPB support is great :)
I've had a few noobish screw-ups that i needed help with(I accidentally canceled my licence by mistake a few weeks back) and some issues getting things to work properly and those guys definitely helped out in a speedy enough time. Great company :D And i like that they do post on the forums every now and again which makes them seem more personable in my opinion.

Archived