Is there any official 'float' image code?

Mack_au

I've been using an XML float code that I downloaded some time ago, but IP.Board updates have broken the code so it no longer displays properly in forum topics (but for god knows what reason, it still works perfectly fine in ip.content articles), causing the images to be displayed as inline images.

And I went and found an updated code... but it isn't 100% the same, but still uses the tag "float" so it breaks all the old float code totally (not displaying images at all).

So I can either break lots of old content, to have current content work, or not have any proper image floating in new articles.

Is there any official float code? Or can this please be added into a future version of the program, preferably with a basic code like:

[float=right]image.jpg[/float]

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I care because I read the link and I do not understand the blog entry. Will I or won't have the ability to use the float left and float right buttons that I added to my editor? ???

The blog entry says you can use plugins straight from the ckeditor site. There is a ckeditor plugin that does this. So come 4.0 you will be able to install the 3rd party ckeditor plugin that does this.

@Aiwa: Thanks for the explanation. Finally, someone who can explain it for those of us who just can't quite grasp the obvious. What kind of editor do we have right now? Is it ckeditor? The reason I am asking is that when we upgrade to 4.0, will our existing float left and float right codes that have been used in ip.content articles, be preserved?

• 1 year later...

If you're on IPS 4 this is already possible with the editor.  Just double-click on the image and select your size and float.  

Here's a (delicious) example:

Artisan_Fruit_Bar.thumb.PNG.3a15c02166fcDelectable dark chocolate bars studded with fruits, nuts, berries and much more in beautiful and artistic flowery designs. Edible works of art! Designs and flavors vary, all are delicious! One artisan bar is almost 4 inches by 4 inches square, no two are alike, edible works of chocolate art made from California farmer's market fresh ingredients, luscious fruits and nuts and much more! 

Compartés is the nation’s hippest and most trendsetting chocolate shop. Founded in 1950 and recently reinvigorated by chocolate prodigy Jonathan Grahm, Compartés organic chocolates are made from scratch by hand every day by a small team of chocolatiers and chocolate artists, using fresh natural ingredients from local farmer’s markets, in their Los Angeles chocolate kitchens and shop. Known for fusing chocolate with art, style, design and fashion, Compartés is a unique chocolate brand unlike any other, creating chocolates that are just as delicious as the stunning visuals they are wrapped up in. 

Releasing new chocolates seasonally in the vein of the greatest fashion houses, with boutiques in Brentwood and Melrose Place, Compartés has given new meaning to the phrase “haut chocolat”. Internationally renowned as one of the best tasting chocolatecompanies, sourcing the world’s best cocoa and ingredients, their new vibrant line of chocolate bars have since garnered awards and accolades for being the most beautiful and distinct packaging on any food worldwide.

Archived