Exceeding Avg Users and Plans auto upgrading.

Drew42

When did IPS change from just suspending my site temporarily when exceeding the "avg users per 48 hours" to auto upgrading my plan.

Last month my service went from the 40 users to the 175 users in a matter of days from a couple spikes in traffic (i'm assuming). My normal avg is just 36 users. I had to pay triple in fees for this past month and I don't remember ever agreeing to IPS's new policy on auto plan upgrades. This was something that changed this month as last month my account was just being suspended periodically due to online users overages.

I would prefer to just have my site suspended temporarily and let me decide if and when I want to upgrade my plan due to continual overages.

If somebody could shed some light on this, that would be great.

Thanks,

I'd assume the change was to prevent suspension as most clients would probably want their site available. However I do sort of see what you're saying so it would be interesting to know if there's an option to have it suspended instead of it autoupgrading if the client required this.

... it would be interesting to know if there's an option to have it suspended instead of it autoupgrading if the client required this.

I guess there is an option: No available funds to pay automatically would make the account suspended.

Bet ya most of these extra users are Google and Bing. There needs to be some way to restrict the number of connections from the same IP address. Slowing either down via your Webmaster control panel only slows them down, it doesn't reduce the number of connections from them.

Archived