Mandrill is very cool!

Cheapy

Just want to give a compliment to the simple and excellent integration with Mandril. I've never used an email service like this before, and it's great to know (for the first) time exactly what is going on with your forum emails. I was up and running in just a few minutes.

I hope you can expand on this great addition in IPS 4.0.

I've seen people lately say its not sending for them and I cannot see why, been flawless for me usually. the only time I had issues was when I had security too tight and restricted the smtp senders.

its just so much easier then dealing with all the forms some ISP (yahoo/aol mostly) make you fill out to be whitelisted.

Would you recommend using this in place of my server for sending emails to users given that my main problem is my emails ending up in hotmail's junk folder? I've tried everything to fix this but hotmail is the only service that is a pain to send emails to.

(sorry if this isn't relevant to this topic).

Would you recommend using this in place of my server for sending emails to users given that my main problem is my emails ending up in hotmail's junk folder? I've tried everything to fix this but hotmail is the only service that is a pain to send emails to.

(sorry if this isn't relevant to this topic).

actually it may be very relevant and I would try it as it helped me with that very issue.

actually it may be very relevant and I would try it as it helped me with that very issue.

Thanks. I'll try this then and see how it goes. Hotmail is the worst email service to work with to be honest. I'm not sure why Microsoft has to go out of the way to place so many restrictions on incoming email which dont really help. You still end up with 10x more spam in hotmail then you'd ever get in gmail.

have you ever considered adding mailchimp as well? I'm not using it personally but I heard a lot of good things about it so it made sense for me to ask about it.

There is an add-on for that: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I have not tried it.

Just integrated Mandrill with my board and its just awesome. I cant believe i never heard of this service before and its extremely cheap as well.

@OP

Thank you for making this topic. :smile:

Yeah, I googled around and had a hard time finding people talking about the Mandrill / IPS integration. I was surprised because it seems incredible so far (after 1 full day).

have you ever considered adding mailchimp as well? I'm not using it personally but I heard a lot of good things about it so it made sense for me to ask about it.

Mandrill is powered by Mailchimp :)

We're not against adding other providers though. However, we were researching for literally months for good providers, everything apart from Mandrill we looked into (which was like... all of them) we weren't happy with for one reason or another... when we came across Mandrill it was clear it was the one, and the only one, that was up to scratch.

Mandrill is powered by Mailchimp :smile:

We're not against adding other providers though. However, we were researching for literally months for good providers, everything apart from Mandrill we looked into (which was like... all of them) we weren't happy with for one reason or another... when we came across Mandrill it was clear it was the one, and the only one, that was up to scratch.

looked it to me too, for smaller users it was free and larger users could also use it.

maybe not the best for for larger ones however it seemed to me it was the one that covered everyone.

Mail and Mandrill are two completely different services. Mandrill is for notification type emails while Mailchimp is for maintaining and sending newsletters/mailing lists.

Our bulk mailer directly integrates with Mandrill. You can send bulk mails from the IP.Board ACP via Mandrill.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it only me or anyone has experienced a delay in the delivery of mails?

When I'm not using Mandrill, once the Bulk Mail completed it arrive immediately in the inbox. But if using Mandrill, there's a 10-11 minutes delay.

Btw, all recipients are Gmail addresses.

Is it only me or anyone has experienced a delay in the delivery of mails?

When I'm not using Mandrill, once the Bulk Mail completed it arrive immediately in the inbox. But if using Mandrill, there's a 10-11 minutes delay.

Btw, all recipients are Gmail addresses.

Mandrill queues then sends the emails, so there may be a slight delay there due to that.

Archived