When is IPB 4.0 ?

Markus Becker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And people wonder why we drag our feet on any major reveals :)

Sorry didn't mean anything bad by it, just thought to give you some feedback. Don't you want stuff like that? Even when your in the pre-alpha phase? Your guys stay you like feedback just thought I give some base on what I saw.

Sorry didn't mean anything bad by it, just thought to give you some feedback. Don't you want stuff like that? Even when your in the pre-alpha phase? Your guys stay you like feedback just thought I give some base on what I saw.

I doubt they want feedback at this point. It will only delay things if they decided to cater to feedback / inputs from the community.

• Management

Another cool thing in 4.0 that I doubt will ever warrant a full blog entry is the "Create" menu.

It's basically a button in the top level nav bar that shows on every page. Depending on what apps you have installed the menu will prompt a user to create content. So from anywhere in the Suite you can click Create and the menu to go right to posting a new content item. It's a great way for users to be encouraged to create content in your community no matter where they are. Let's say you have IP.Downloads, IP.Calendar, and IP.Content installed. In that scenario the Create menu may prompt you to choose to create a file, event, or article. Of course you can always do the same right inside the app so think of the menu is a quick start.

Again, it's a small thing but it really ties together the user experience and encourages participation.

Another cool thing in 4.0 that I doubt will ever warrant a full blog entry is the "Create" menu.

It's basically a button in the top level nav bar that shows on every page. Depending on what apps you have installed the menu will prompt a user to create content. So from anywhere in the Suite you can click Create and the menu to go right to posting a new content item. It's a great way for users to be encouraged to create content in your community no matter where they are. Let's say you have IP.Downloads, IP.Calendar, and IP.Content installed. In that scenario the Create menu may prompt you to choose to create a file, event, or article. Of course you can always do the same right inside the app so think of the menu is a quick start.

Again, it's a small thing but it really ties together the user experience and encourages participation.

It is great to see you are going to follow unification on all over IPB Suite.

Quick question , as you mentioned it as Create Menu , does it also allow you to create a content for an app you are not browsing through ?
Lets assume i am browsing on Forum and want to create a content on blog or gallery , can i click the menu button and choose that ?

Quick question , as you mentioned it as Create Menu , does it also allow you to create a content for an app you are not browsing through ?

Lets assume i am browsing on Forum and want to create a content on blog or gallery , can i click the menu button and choose that ?

That's the way I understood it. Like the existing search where you can choose which app to search, you can choose which app you want to create content in from a global menu.

It is great to see you are going to follow unification on all over IPB Suite.

Yes, it lets you easily submit any kind of supported content from anywhere :)

Archived