When is IPB 4.0 ?

Markus Becker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a button in 4.0. I have now revealed 4.0 has buttons.

attachicon.gifreview.png

Buttons ... now why didn't we think of buttons before ....

no wait ...

ermmm ... buttons ... remind me what would they be for ... would they serve any real important service ??

bet other software wished they had thought of using them

:ph34r:

This is a button in 4.0. I have now revealed 4.0 has buttons.

attachicon.gifreview.png

This is just terrible.

4.0 is going to be a disaster. These buttons are a horrible idea.

What idiot at IPS actually thought adding buttons to a forum was a good idea? You should fire him. The only thing a real forum needs is standard unformatted hyptertext links!

I'm truly disappointed.

(Don't mod queue me please)

Oh, and it's your birthday? Happy Birthday!

It will be a normal upgrade process using our upgrade routines.

What about addons and such? Will the system auto disable them or say something about them? Currently when an addon screws up an upgrade it stinks and make things harder. But I like more on how this progress will fix this area?

I can do all sorts of stuff in 4.0. It's quite nice. I should tell you all about it.

But really it's actually going along quite well. There's a lot more done than we're letting on. We just do not want to reveal any front-end features until everything is pretty or people will (this may shock you) get hung up on it and tear us apart :smile:

There's also contrasting colors.

Hope you get rid of the cotton-candy flavor coloring in the Admin area. Yuck!

This is just terrible.

What idiot at IPS actually thought adding buttons to a forum was a good idea? You should fire him. The only thing a real forum needs is standard unformatted hyptertext links!

I'm truly disappointed.

Buttons work for me, If they don't work for you, IPS said, they can't fix everything that everybody wants. Just live with it.

• Management

Hope you get rid of the cotton-candy flavor coloring in the Admin area. Yuck!

Buttons work for me, If they don't work for you, IPS said, they can't fix everything that everybody wants. Just live with it.

We have already revealed the AdminCP styling so check the blog entries.

This is just terrible.

I'm truly disappointed.

::laughter::

James

They really should answer when the question is about a % of completion. The reason they stopped telling release date estimates was due to people getting mad when it's not done by then, but giving percentages should be fine, as that is not any guarantee as to how long the remaining percentage will take.

Anything can push back the percentage. If anything, I would prefer to know what apps / features are complete and what apps / features are not complete.

They really should answer when the question is about a % of completion. The reason they stopped telling release date estimates was due to people getting mad when it's not done by then, but giving percentages should be fine, as that is not any guarantee as to how long the remaining percentage will take.

enhanced-buzz-18231-1374743528-6.jpg

• Management

I think everyone will enjoy the polish that is 4.0. Here's a proper teaser. (Please do not ask for details on this feature beyond what I post here as I won't answer :smile: ... details will come in blog entries.)

This is the popup that comes up with you click to follow a content item. Here I clicked to follow a file in the IP.Downloads 4.0 section.

Compare that to the existing follow dialog and you will see just how much more user friendly it is.

• It's brighter, bolder, and easier to read.
  • The options are clear and not hidden behind drop down menus.
  • The toggle to allow others to see that you followed is also very clear and bold
  • The title of what you are about to follow is shown

Notice how the first option is disabled because I have not set up my user notification options. The system notices this and gives me an explanation why it won't work and a link to correct it. In doing so it solves the problem of people following something and not understanding why they get no notification and, more importantly, guides the user to the notification options so they can see all the great tools they have to keep up to date.

So just a quick example of the polish and thought being put into 4.0 for you :smile:

I think everyone will enjoy the polish that is 4.0. Here's a proper teaser. (Please do not ask for details on this feature beyond what I post here as I won't answer :smile: ... details will come in blog entries.)

So just a quick example of the polish and thought being put into 4.0 for you :smile:

Can't we have it in English ;)

This is the popup that comes up with you click to follow a content item. Here I clicked to follow a file in the IP.Downloads 4.0 section.

attachicon.giffollow.png

Compare that to the existing follow dialog and you will see just how much more user friendly it is.

• It's brighter, bolder, and easier to read.
  • The options are clear and not hidden behind drop down menus.
  • The toggle to allow others to see that you followed is also very clear and bold
  • The title of what you are about to follow is shown

Notice how the first option is disabled because I have not set up my user notification options. The system notices this and gives me an explanation why it won't work and a link to correct it. In doing so it solves the problem of people following something and not understanding why they get no notification and, more importantly, guides the user to the notification options so they can see all the great tools they have to keep up to date.

I would say have the green icon image to the left and not below the words, flows better that way. But great work! Thank you for the tease image!

Archived