Is IPB 3.4.5 the final version of 3.x before 4.0?

xbp-tpn

So we know that IPB will stop releasing updates for the 3.4.x series sometime in the future but we dont know when. Now i was going through the IPB bug tracker and noticed that bugs found in IPB 3.4.5 are to be fixed in IPB 4.0.0 Beta 1.

lMqpFdy.png

Usually bugs on a particular release are fixed in the upcoming release of the forum software, so does this mean that 3.4.5 is the final version of the IPB 3 series? If yes, then it seems we can expect a beta of IPB 4 quite soon (another 2-3 months maybe).

Usually bugs on a particular release are fixed in the upcoming release of the forum software, so does this mean that 3.4.5 is the final version of the IPB 3 series? If yes, then it seems we can expect a beta of IPB 4 quite soon (another month or 2 maybe).

Well it has to stop somewhere. :)

I think that expecting a beta of IPB 4 in 2 months is really unrealistic...

We may do another 3.x release if it's necessary.

So assuming there are no 'big' bugs found in the 3.4.5 release, we can expect this to be the final version of IPB 3.x?

Well it has to stop somewhere. :smile:

I think that expecting a beta of IPB 4 in 2 months is really unrealistic...

I said maybe you know. :unsure: Maybe some pictures of IPB 4 in a few months?

• Management

So assuming there are no 'big' bugs found in the 3.4.5 release, we can expect this to be the final version of IPB 3.x?

I said maybe you know. :unsure: Maybe some pictures of IPB 4 in a few months?

We will start doing more blog entries on 4.0 soon. Things are taking shape :)

Nice, this time are you going to listen to the customer base more and put that in the software then last few release? *cought gallery*

Gallery 5 was directly based on customer feedback from Gallery 4. :) We always listen to our customer base, even if single individual suggestions are not implemented.

As for the version in the bug tracker, we just had to pick a version to stick in there for now (or leave the fixed in blank), so I put in 4.0. As Charles said, we will do another 3.4.x release if it becomes necessary, at which point those fixes will get tagged as fixed in 3.4.6 or whatever instead. I wouldn't worry too much about that version field for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived