Why do I get logged out from these forums regularly?

TSP

Before when I checked "Remember me" I could stay logged in here for months / forever, now it seems like it's max a week or something. Have you changed some setting? Because it's going on my nerves each time I need to log in.

I don't use CCleaner regularly. I'm on Mac.

I stay logged on on all other pages I visit frequently, which includes two 3.4.4 IPB forums, two 3.3.4 and one 3.2.3. (Although I have reports of other members regularly being logged out on one of the 3.4.4 forums aswell...)

Before I was always logged into these forums aswell, but for the 1-4 last months (My in-head time measurement is like really inaccurate I feel) I've increasingly noted that I have to log in.

I stay logged in to other pages aswell, like Facebook etc.

Before when I checked "Remember me" I could stay logged in here for months / forever, now it seems like it's max a week or something. Have you changed some setting? Because it's going on my nerves each time I need to log in.

Same Here. Sometimes it feels like a few days and others weeks, but I visit here almost every day

Look at your browser cookie settings for changes.
Had this issue a few weeks ago with IE 10 and found the cookies were being deleted after closing the browser.

Look at earlier posts, I stay logged in other places :smile:

And yes, occurs more in a random manner it seems (although nothing is really random when it comes to computers and code), not something I feel have any specific order to it.

Look at earlier posts, I stay logged in other places :smile:

And yes, occurs more in a random manner it seems (although nothing is really random when it comes to computers and code), not something I feel have any specific order to it.

I read and understand this. But if for some reason a particular cookie is being dropped it may be the cookie is being blocked.

This is why I say check your cookie settings.

This is happening to me as well, so don't feel alone. :smile: We're looking into it and suspect it may have something to do with our SSO.

Are there any non-Mac (boo) users experiencing this?

Of course not. Only Mac people get it.

:P

I noticed this once (in as long as I can remember) and in that one instance it was related to our Nexus installation going down temporarily (for a period of about 5 minutes). When that happened and I was browsing the board, the board confirms SSO with Nexus, which wasn't responding, and the board logged me out.

Some of the members on my forum were experiencing this problem and wondered what the possible cause might be. I found this was happening to members who were on the board but not being active for the 30 minutes that are set by the board stats for activity in the past 30 minutes. Since I have changed it to 60 minutes we haven't encountered any problems so far. I do not know if this is the reason or something else but it's working for now.

• 2 years later...

I just had to re-sign in six times in the last ten minutes; extremely frustrating. I am the Admin on my board, and the only way I could stay signed in for long enough to reply to a post was to post as Admin. We are all-Mac here.

This behaviour seems to be random, but is occasionally is problematic.

@Starlight: can you step me through how to change from 30 to 60 minutes, please? TIA

Archived