IPS 4.0 feature request: Custom Url management/Route Filters (example provided)

Tigratrus

Quite sure that you all are keeping tabs on elsewhere in the industry, but just in case it's under the radar: Route Filters

There's a great description of a solution like what I'm requesting from one of my favorite non-IPS forum developers. :smile:

Joomla! has had something simliar for awhile, and given the constant ebb and flow of URL optimization and the varied opinions among admins and SEO (both actual and wannabe) heads it seems like it would be an excellent dev time investment. Some of it can be handled via the existing furl templates, but that's quite limited and a major PITA esp as it currently requires core file edits that cause issues with upgrades.

Again, it's probably already on the whiteboard if not already in the req docs for 4.0, but it's a fundamental enough issue that it seemed like one worth mentioning. :smile:

James

Quite sure that you all are keeping tabs on elsewhere in the industry, but just in case it's under the radar: Route Filters

There's a great description of a solution like what I'm requesting from one of my favorite non-IPS forum developers. :smile:

Joomla! has had something simliar for awhile, and given the constant ebb and flow of URL optimization and the varied opinions among admins and SEO (both actual and wannabe) heads it seems like it would be an excellent dev time investment. Some of it can be handled via the existing furl templates, but that's quite limited and a major PITA esp as it currently requires core file edits that cause issues with upgrades.

Again, it's probably already on the whiteboard if not already in the req docs for 4.0, but it's a fundamental enough issue that it seemed like one worth mentioning. :smile:

James

Yes yes! I can say that xenForo is years ahead on that!! Their routing feature is superb.

Now that i checked, they just added that http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-merging-and-history.48846/ , another great move from xF...

• 1 month later...

Archived