Suggestion: Allow us to capture guest emails for building email lists

JTrollerb123

A recommendation from many internet marketers is for allowing guests to subscribe to newsletters, as a way of building larger email lists. Makes lots of sense.....and you see it all over the net. But it seems like this increasingly important capability is missing from IP.Board.

Say a guest comes to my forum, doesn't want to become a member but is interested in entering their email. I should be able to collect guest emails, and use the Bulk Mail tool to send them newsletters as well. Doesn't sound too complicated...simply provide a template form (example below) and auto-store those collected emails into a "Guest Emails" member group....Then allow the bulk mail to send to those in this group as well.

Would LOVE this!!!

post-117155-0-44041800-1365197957_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

That should be perfectly possible using any of following possibilities:

1.- IP.Content Databases

2.- The "Contact Form" mod.

3.- Form Manager:

4.- Contact Form

or similar...

You can configure it so that it creates a topic in a Forum everytime a user send you a message through a contact form or database, so that you only need to send your newsletter to members of that forum.

You could create a Block for that form as well.

You can use now the newly integrated Mandril Feature in IPS, so that your users can unsuscribe automatically from your newsletter.

You only have to use a bit your imaginations and connect different features together...

That should be perfectly possible using any of following possibilities:

1.- IP.Content Databases

2.- The "Contact Form" mod.

3.- Form Manager:

4.- Contact Form

or similar...

You can configure it so that it creates a topic in a Forum everytime a user send you a message through a contact form or database, so that you only need to send your newsletter to members of that forum.

You could create a Block for that form as well.

You can use now the newly integrated Mandril Feature in IPS, so that your users can unsuscribe automatically from your newsletter.

You only have to use a bit your imaginations and connect different features together...

That's a great way of using your imagination. Wow wish I thought of that. Turns out I have begun using mailchimp. But thanks for the ideas....I will certainly keep them in mind for the future!

Can you explain this? How would you send emails to members of a forum? How does someone become a member of that forum by a post that was generated by a mod? Do you mean you're sending the newsletter to a member of a primary or secondary group?

Archived