How long is it normal to wait for support to answer?

BTVMG

Is it normal to wait for days for the support to reply to open ticket? I mean this is kind of very unprofessional.

Support is part of the package we pay for and while I don't expect someone to be dedicated to me, I also don't expect days to get a response.

Support is one of the reasons we are moving from free software to IPB, but it appears to be a huge disappointment.

I mean, I tried in the forum. The result is Zero.

Last time I opened ticket on very trivial matter, it took 2 days to respond.

Now the issue is much more serious and I should be probably expecting an answer next year or what?!?

Conversion issues always require higher level of support as the issue is more advanced. It is pretty normal for you to receive a respond in 48 hours.

And while you are complaining about this time frame , i advise you to go and check Enterprise Products out there and check their support policies. Lets see what are their Support SLA and how much you need to pay just to ask a question for support.

Forum software companies offer way detailed and better support they are entitled to but yet we license owners still continue to complain because we feel paying 100-200$ license fee grants us every possible right.

I also dealt with a conversion issues , but i was prepared as all conversions are problematic. What i did , is to order advanced support plan by IPB prior to conversion so i can get my tickets answered faster.

Hi, I don't expect miracles for 180 USD. But if it is written that support is provided, it should be on good level. Otherwise it is waste of time and nerves.

From your post, what I understand is that IPB was wrong choice.

Reading the documentation a conversion should take between few minutes to several hours. They didn't mention 4-5 days. Also when buying software advertised to come with convertors, I expect these to work and not to mess everything.

I am really not going to pay a cent more for support or anything, before I see that this software actually works and is capable of migrating 2GB database. And this is the small forum we are migrating...

I am really not going to pay a cent more for support or anything, before I see that this software actually works and is capable of migrating 2GB database. And this is the small forum we are migrating...

Then you have no right to complain for the 48 hour responses.

It is assigned to General Support. And it is not the first case.

And how long is actually "longer"?

Would help to know what your ticket is about and when you first submitted the ticket. Could be that your ticket needs more special attention and thus doesn't get the rapid response time that many are familiar with.

• Management

Is it normal to wait for days for the support to reply to open ticket? I mean this is kind of very unprofessional.

Support is part of the package we pay for and while I don't expect someone to be dedicated to me, I also don't expect days to get a response.

Support is one of the reasons we are moving from free software to IPB, but it appears to be a huge disappointment.

It's one thing to be anxious and frustrated. It's quite another to come to the forums and paint a completely inaccurate picture. You submitted your ticket at 2am (EST) this morning. That's quite a far cry from "days" ago. :)

My goodness. :lol:

It's one thing to be anxious and frustrated. It's quite another to come to the forums and paint a completely inaccurate picture. You submitted your ticket at 2am (EST) this morning. That's quite a far cry from "days" ago. :smile:

My goodness. :lol:

snap :)

ain't timestamps lovely :)

not sure it applies to phpbb but I seem to recall seing a similar error on smf conversion long time ago due to htaccess rewite rules and seo plugin I had been using. I don't remember specifics but I remember the word relative in the error.

Support times vary depending on the volume of tickets. If your last ticket was entered around the time of a new version release, that could explain your prior delay.

Generally, though, support response time is quite fast and professional. General SLA does state a 48 hour ticket response time. Should you require priority ticket response times you can certainly add that to your account and drop the SLA response time to 24 hours.

I know it can be frustrating waiting for a response because you're on a time crunch, but rest assured that IPS will assist you when they reach your ticket in the queue and they will do so professionally.

IPS is a great company with top notch support staff. Give them a chance to get to you.

According to Lindy 's post you have started the ticket less than a half day ago. Why are you saying that you have been waiting for days? Lying/exaggerating is not the way to go no matter how frustrated you get.

According to Lindy 's post you have started the ticket less than a half day ago. Why are you saying that you have been waiting for days? Lying/exaggerating is not the way to go no matter how frustrated you get.

Maybe they went up to 88mph with the wrong date set...

I put a support ticket on Sunday and was answered and issue fixed on Monday...

Considering this was Easter weekend..I wasn't expecting anyone to fix until Tuesday...( I'm in SE Asia at the moment so my Sunday is USA's Saturday)

I have licenses with other software and their support doesn't work weekends or holidays..

I am really satisfied with support here ....

maybe the best I have seen from the many software package plans I have.

Hi, I don't expect miracles for 180 USD. But if it is written that support is provided, it should be on good level. Otherwise it is waste of time and nerves.

From your post, what I understand is that IPB was wrong choice.

Reading the documentation a conversion should take between few minutes to several hours. They didn't mention 4-5 days. Also when buying software advertised to come with convertors, I expect these to work and not to mess everything.

Hello with all respect, to purchase a new license for using IP.Board and other default applications are a good "standard support", which obviously must wait a certain time, if you want speed to solve problems immediately then buy the "Advanced Support" ...
And as I said @ Lindy, a thing to be anxious and frustrated. And another thing altogether to go to the forums and very inaccurate to paint a picture of your situation - wise words.
Also not all the answers to your problems are in 5 minutes, you should know that it might take about 5 or 10 minutes for a user or IPS staff see your question and the time it takes to write your answer depends nothing over the seriousness of the case and the complexity of the solution ... While your problem simpler, faster will answer ... if it is very complex and difficult, they may respond in 3-5 hours ....

• Management

The goal here is not to vilify the original poster. As mentioned, I can understand anxiety and frustration - I just won't tolerate blatant misrepresentations that unjustly paint a negative picture of our support department.

The support request is being addressed in due course, so there's no need to keep this open.

BTVMG, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. We're happy to help without the need of .. this. :)

Thank you.

Archived