Hide forums

Corin

Hi there, I just noticed that the Show Forum permission when unticked completely hides the forum and its topics which defeats the purpose of the Read Topics permission.

I personally think this is a little silly as people (like me) may want to make a forum with hidden content that they would like to link to externally.

For instance a link to a thread that they have to read before proceeding to make a new thread in another hidden forum.

It sounds more complicated than it is but in the long run I think it makes more sense to have the Show Forum just hide the forum from the board index and stop users seeing the other threads in that forum rather than to block everything.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

Corin

• 11 months later...

Hi there, I just noticed that the Show Forum permission when unticked completely hides the forum and its topics which defeats the purpose of the Read Topics permission.

I personally think this is a little silly as people (like me) may want to make a forum with hidden content that they would like to link to externally.

For instance a link to a thread that they have to read before proceeding to make a new thread in another hidden forum.

It sounds more complicated than it is but in the long run I think it makes more sense to have the Show Forum just hide the forum from the board index and stop users seeing the other threads in that forum rather than to block everything.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

Corin

Its supose to hide the forum. for that group. if you do not want them to see. it that is the point of a hidden forum. you want it to show up for some groups but not all/ If someone wants to see the post that gives them some incentive to post. you can set up promotion aspects in the group settings so when they reach a set number of posts they will be promoted to the group that can see the hidden forum.

Archived