Setting timezone.

Chamber143

• 2 years later...

Yeah, but that's a bit different though. You're specifying a time instead of just being served dates and times for post info, etc.

Sometimes you might want to schedule things in different timezones than your own (i.e. international events). There is a timezone option when creating a new event in the calendar.

Yeah, but that's a bit different though. You're specifying a time instead of just being served dates and times for post info, etc.

Sometimes you might want to schedule things in different timezones than your own (i.e. international events). There is a timezone option when creating a new event in the calendar.

Yeah it doesnt make any difference for the Calendar at the moment because its not working. Anyway..  thats an ogoing issue elsewhere as it is is very very sick indeed... I just thought I could check site setting for timezone but as you say its on auto pilot  ...

• 1 year later...

You can sync your system time and date with ntp (Network Time Protocol) over a network or internet. Normally ntp should be installed to your Linux system as default, in case your system does not have ntp, you can easily install ntp package with a simple command.

To install ntp on Ubuntu, Linux or debian based distribitions

# apt-get update
# apt-get install ntp

To install ntp on Fedora, Centos or redhat based distribitions

# yum install ntp

After you set your timezone correcly, you should be able to synce your date and time with ntp command

# ntpdate pool.ntp.org

Hope this will help.

Archived