3.4+ Please bring back the ability to use negative numbers in warnings

T-T

My community has used negative and positive numbers in the warning system for many years. This is used so that the warning system acts more like a warning as well as a reinforcement system. Do something bad? Negative 1 is given. Do something good and +1 is given. These positive "warnings" (though we renamed warns) are a prize for being helpful and nice to others in the community in much the same way that negative "warnings" reflect bad behavior. This was set up using -1 values for negative behavior and +1 for positive contributions in the ACP. It has worked wonderfully in 3.2 and 3.3. once I upgraded to 3.4 all of the negative values were reset to 0 and IPB no longer recognizes negative numbers. I am not sure if this is the result of this bug or some other reason... Please bring back this ability to use negative values ( <0 ).

You're using the warning system for a purpose other than what it was designed for. If you want to give a +1 for good behavior and a -1 for bad, use the reputation system.

Once upon a time it was designed for it... even when the warning system was revamped (3.0?), it was still backwards-compatible. They broke it completely in 3.3 without a mention anywhere.

Yes, it was once designed for it, before the reputation system existed. How much sense does it make to have two different systems for giving positive and negative feedback?

What I said above still is what I would recommend: use the warning system if you want to issue warnings, and use the reputation system if you want to make note of both positive and negative actions on your members.

Archived