CKEditor

Matt Bridges

It's ridiculous that CKEditor isn't supported properly on an iPad/iPhone/iPod - CKEditor supports the iTouch range of devices out of the box.

Similarly relying on the browsers in built spellchecker...... not very user friendly!

What is the rational behind not supporting these two features?

We had it enabled but we got a lot of bug reports about things which are just limitations of how the editor can work on iOS devices.

For example, if you highlight something, the iOS bubble which gives you copy/paste options often covers up the buttons on the editor, which is probably why you highlighted the post.

I'm hoping to re-examine this for 4.0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can I just echo this comment please, I would rather have the control myself to enable the function than have it disabled - I have recently upgraded one forum from 3.1.4 which did support this (and now doesnt), there's no way I can upgrade my main forum without this functionality... catch 22 for me.

• 2 months later...

I already created another thread on this - until Support told me about this one.

Agreeing with the above - with the sad increase in iOS use, this is not something that can be dismissed as "we'll fix it later/in 4.0"

If you are insistent on that point, can you please point me in the direction of re-enabling it for iOS use, and we will debug it ourselves.

I already created another thread on this - until Support told me about this one.

Agreeing with the above - with the sad increase in iOS use, this is not something that can be dismissed as "we'll fix it later/in 4.0"

If you are insistent on that point, can you please point me in the direction of re-enabling it for iOS use, and we will debug it ourselves.

4.0 is aimed for release this year.

Archived