Request: IPS - Get your stuff in order for DL... ;-)

_Mac

Maybe I'm on the wrong forum, but could not find a "IPS requests"...

Just bought the hole IPS Suite and when I downloaded all of it, I end up with a folder structure like this in my DL folder;

- Board

- Board-1

- Board-2

- Board-3

- Board-4

etc. And you have to dig pretty deep into the folder-structure before you can see what it is...

I would have liked somthing like this;

post-401095-0-11725200-1361889173.png

First impressions count...

The feedback forums are for suggestions/requests/etc.

Just bought the hole IPS Suite and when I downloaded all of it, I end up with a folder structure like this in my DL folder;

- Board

- Board-1

- Board-2

- Board-3

- Board-4

etc. And you have to dig pretty deep into the folder-structure before you can see what it is...

Looks like you unzipped everything into the same location, which will cause that to happen because the software unzipping the files will make a new folder -vs- adding stuff to the same folders.

Use this trick that Marcher pointed out. Go to Purchases in the Client Area, click on the purchase you want to download the files for, then click the 'Download Now' link that is under the 'Upgrade now' button. You can get everything all in one file.

- Board

- Board-1

- Board-2

- Board-3

- Board-4

I would have liked somthing like this;

attachicon.gifSkärmavbild 2013-02-26 kl. 15.32.38.png

First impressions count...

If you use the appropriate tool in the client area, it can bundle all of your purchases into just one download. Just go to Purchases -> click your purchase -> "Upgrade your community".

Also, just to note - on Windows it will merge folders with the same name if you elect to. I realize Mac doesn't like merging folders quite as much though.

Also, just to note - on Windows it will merge folders with the same name if you elect to. I realize Mac doesn't like merging folders quite as much though.

Maybe help us Mac people out w a little note about it in the client DL area?

(Just trying to help you "enhance" the first impression / UX of your software initial steps) :-)

haahaha...

I'm being for real. It's part of the service and it's free if your license is active.

I handle my own upgrades and such but that's because I like to do it. If you don't feel like doing it or if you think it's a bit confusing or something, then get IPS to do it while you sit back and relax. :)

Okey Wolfie

I know this, it was stated before I bought it and also in the Get started docs. Very good service. But I'm very strict about giving out access to my servers, even temporary ones. So we'll try to handle it our selfs. But thank's for the tip :-)

But I'm very strict about giving out access to my servers, even temporary ones. So we'll try to handle it our selfs. But thank's for the tip :-)

That's understandable. I'm sure the IPS staff won't complain about someone being independent vs adding more onto the workload when there are others who might not be as tech savvy to do it themselves. :smile:

Archived