Mandrill feature request - cycles per hour

Collin1000

Just sent a bulk email with Mandrill and, due to the "warm up" period (which I understand) it'll take some time for my bulk mail to get sent:

A26nwM.png

This is fine, I understand. However, member registrations and other emails are now being queued because my bulk email filled up my quota queue. I'd love for the "cycles" feature to be introduced with mandrill as well, so that I can have IP.Board only send X emails to mandrill per hour - for example, send 60 bulk emails, leaving room for the last 10 to be member registrations and other messages.

• Management

That would not be what you want to do.

The more you send with Mandrill the higher your limit becomes. So it's actually counter-productive to do cycles because then your Mandrill limit doesn't go up.

Besides: what's the difference? Either the Suite limits send or Mandrill does. Either way there's a limit but if you send it all to Mandrill at once your limit with them will increase and the Suite won't have to worry about limits.

A26nwM.png

You spammer, my deliverability is 99.9% and my reputation allows 87/hour. :D

That would not be what you want to do.

The more you send with Mandrill the higher your limit becomes. So it's actually counter-productive to do cycles because then your Mandrill limit doesn't go up.

Does Mandrill support prioritizing emails? I'm thinking that if something can be bumped up in priority, then bulk mails could be sent out with normal/low priority, while verification and lost-pass emails could get flagged as 'asap' which would give the desired result. Might still take up to an hour to be sent out, but at least it wouldn't be on the back end of the queue.

Either that or does Mandrill support some way to keep a buffer open so that a bulk message won't use up the entire hourly queue, so that single messages can pass through? Sort of like a reverse HOV, where a single email fires through in reserved space while the bulk mails use up the regular space.

Archived