"Paste as plain text by default" - when we will be able to turn on this option for all existing and future users in ACP?

• 3 weeks later...

"Paste as plain text by default" - when we will be able to turn on this option for all existing and future users in ACP?

I suggested this and it was immediately dismissed. It didn't seem to evoke any responses from other users so I assumed I was a minority.

I'd go as far as to request this be an admin configurable option. I have to edit load of topics that have crap formatting. My forum looks a mess if not.

100% agree.

I usually just go to the plain text editor and paste it in there but there should be an option to just automatically paste as plain text. I've seen some of my users paste news stories etc and it looks horrendous the way its pasted in.

• 2 months later...

This here, had this problem recently. White text background on dark forum? No thanks.

My problem is worse. I have both a light skin and a dark skin. On one background it looks fine, on the other it looks invisible.

I sincerely think IPS failed to think this one through. I argued that an admin should have control over this but, well, here we are.

My preference... disable it altogether. Force users to paste in plain text. I have no requirement for users to copy and paste formatting, it neither meets nor exceeds my needs.

• 2 months later...

this editor is particularly naff imho, it makes posting more than a few lines a chore, trying to post html is a nightmare, the editor messes with the code, inserts loads of </BR> where they never were before and it causes my sites members no end of problems which in turn causes me extra work

I wish it would go back to the old style where you could diasble the feature rich editor completely

Archived