IP.Board 4.0 Wishlist

Aussie Cable

Drag and drop moderation:

- To merge two topics just click and hold on the topic title and drag it onto another topic.

- To delete a topic, click and hold then drag to the bottom of your screen.

- To rename a topic, triple click on the title?

- To pin a topic, drag it to the top of the screen and you can order the pinned topics by dragging them into place.

Mobile functionality:

Fact is that the mobile market is massive but if you want a quick chat on the go then forums are way down the list. The mobile side of IPB has to be slick and full of features.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im aware of that blog.

Last update 29th July. More than a month ago. :smile:

We have several entries queued, but a good number of the next entries start revealing the interface which we are careful about doing until we are positive we can keep the momentum going. Once we reveal the interface, *everyone* is going to start paying more attention, not just developers and/or those who are especially interested in updates from us.

We have more to come, don't worry. :)

I'm beginning to doubt that it will be released yet this year. Assuming that the IPS will not want to spend the festive season with Tracker exploding in bugs, 2 and half months (yes, considering mid november as a good date to final version) to Alpha, Betas (1, 2 and 3 probably) and RCs (1 and 2 probably) seems not be enough time... Hope I'm wrong. :D

Drag and drop moderation:

- To merge two topics just click and hold on the topic title and drag it onto another topic.

- To delete a topic, click and hold then drag to the bottom of your screen.

- To rename a topic, triple click on the title?

- To pin a topic, drag it to the top of the screen and you can order the pinned topics by dragging them into place.

I absolutely love this idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to doubt that it will be released yet this year. Assuming that the IPS will not want to spend the festive season with Tracker exploding in bugs, 2 and half months (yes, considering mid november as a good date to final version) to Alpha, Betas (1, 2 and 3 probably) and RCs (1 and 2 probably) seems not be enough time... Hope I'm wrong. :D

Yeah, seems that I'm right... the announcement was edited:

When will 4.0 be released?

Late this year or early 2014 depending on how our testing goes

Perhaps there's still time, who knows! :tongue:

What a pity! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived