New Quote and Swear Words

AshieF73

This is feedback about the new IPB 3.4.2 software which you have not really taken users feedback that serious so far. A user just highlighted to me that any swear words in our filter are made visible when a user uses the 'quote' feature, until they click reply.

To our knowledge this was not visible in the previous software, and I suggest this is a major flaw in the new quote that needs an immediate fix please.

I'd noticed this too yesterday actually although I'd not checked to see if it was due to bypassing the badword filter or if it was intentional to show them in a quote or otherwise.

Definitely a bug, I simply hit the quote button when I was testing and the filtered swear words appear fully unfiltered in the quote bubble of the reply I am typing. I did wonder if it was my skin, but it does it with the standard IPB skin too.

I'll have to check (and I'll submit a bug report if needed) but if you belong to a group that can bypass the badword filter it may well show you in the quote the original text.

Checked and its not respecting the badword filter. I'll post a quick bug report.

EDIT... http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/badword-filter-and-quotes-r41150 :)

Archived