Epic fail

Johnrc

23rd was a Wednesday.

The topic was created on Sunday and many times people count Saturdays and Sundays when mentioning how long they've had a ticket waiting. That was the point of what Sjv was saying.

:tongue:
sweet, let the knowledge waterfall begin :smile:

Don’t go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to.

The topic was created on Sunday and many times people count Saturdays and Sundays when mentioning how long they've had a ticket waiting. That was the point of what Sjv was saying.

I'd just like to point out something that I feel like might have gotten lost in this topic with all the talk of "weekends" --- We're staffed on weekends. It's not like when Friday at 5pm rolls around all the staff log out and don't come back until 9am Monday. Most departments are staffed every day, and, for the most part, thanks to timezones, almost around the clock. When I log out, the crew on the other side of the globe is about to start logging in..... but on weekends it's not the usual busy hubub that a weekday is. If you have a site-down critical ticket issue in hosting or general support on a Sunday, the odds are good that there's people here who will help you out. As we have noted in the client area, we're working hard to bring our response times back down to what a lot of you are used to seeing from us - that's not just PR, we really are working hard for you guys. Thanks for your patience as always. :thumbsup:

Don’t go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to.

Aye, going to be stuck in my head all night. Earworm!

I have had a ticket in for six days now and not so much as a by your leave. While I appreciate that things may have gotten into a bit of a mess over the upgrade it is not acceptable for a professional business to ignore its' customers in this manner.

I know you are trying, but please at least enlighten us. Treating us like mushrooms and keeping us in the dark is not a good thing for anyone.

Hugs to all

Swampy

I have had a ticket in for six days now and not so much as a by your leave. While I appreciate that things may have gotten into a bit of a mess over the upgrade it is not acceptable for a professional business to ignore its' customers in this manner.

You should post your ticket #, so if a staff member sees it they can take a peek to see what's going on with it.

Gianpiero L. does not speak for all of us. I have had nothing but decent experiences with customer support. Apparently, some clients keep forgetting that IPS has a lot of clients and that they deal with support tickets in the order they are received, giving special consideration to critical issues. Just because they didn't respond to your support ticket on your terms doesn't mean that their support staff is ignoring you.

IPS has a lot of clients and their customer service turnaroound is based on the "monday-friday" customer service turnaround. Give them time to respond before you post scathing comments on the forums. If yoour issue is critical, send a PM to Rikki, Brandon or any other IPS staff member so that they can address your concern and give you an appropriate response.

I've had to sometimes wait as long as an entire week before receiving a response and it's important to realize that IPS reats every client with priority and you need to be patient with the process.

Gianpiero L. does not speak for all of us.

I might be mistaken, but I believe he was saying that he doesn't use support often, but those who submit multiple tickets frequently, should be expected to pay more. I believe his viewpoint is that it would either discourage people from abusing the support system which in turn would mean better support, or with the added revenue, IPS could afford more staff and in turn have better support.

I could have misunderstood what he was saying though, but that was my take on it.

• Management

I know you are trying, but please at least enlighten us. Treating us like mushrooms and keeping us in the dark is not a good thing for anyone.

Hugs to all

Swampy

Your ticket was an upgrade request which we publicize can take 5 - 8 days to complete. You submitted it on Jan 24. Our tech tried to work on it this morning but wasn't able to as it looks like you were both in the AdminCP at the same time. I realize that may seem like a long time but we always focus on normal technical support tickets before doing install/upgrade requests. Keep in mind no other community software vendor even offers free install/upgrades and of course at any time you can certainly do it yourself as it's quite easy :)

I have went through the experience with upgrade requests and IPS Support Staff get bogged down with upgrade requests. Also, I'm not sure we're being told the whole story. IPS generally goes through a back and forth exchange, double checking to ensure that the client has agreed to all disclaimers, as they are also working on upgrades to other clients' websites. Unless it's a critical issue and unless it's severely impacted a clients' website, they place the upgrade request in its proper space in the queue. Nobody's request jumps the line unless its a critical issue.

I've actually had to wait some extended time before receiving an upgrade but it's important to give the IPS Staff time to address the support ticket. IPS doesn;t respond to each inquiry until they get to that support ticket in the Queue. That doesn't mean that they are ignoring your support ticket, only that they will get to it in its appropriate time. IPS Staff simply does not work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are not robots.

All I can say is that the OP needs to observe a little patience and give IPS time to get around to it. This means, you update the ticket, every 48 hours. You don't post a support ticket and then a few days later post ini the forums hoping for an expidited response.

I might be mistaken, but I believe he was saying that he doesn't use support often, but those who submit multiple tickets frequently, should be expected to pay more. I believe his viewpoint is that it would either discourage people from abusing the support system which in turn would mean better support, or with the added revenue, IPS could afford more staff and in turn have better support.

I could have misunderstood what he was saying though, but that was my take on it.

Thanks, what you say is correct. A lot of questions-answers is already on the forum, and each of customers should spend some times to search about of them.

This means: "respecting all other customers, staff and registered members"

thanks

gianpiero

Archived