How many clicks does it take?

Aussie Cable

Just think of all the clicks and keystroke you took making that video, posting this text, creating poll, etc. You could have downloaded like all the files!

Honestly Charles , i never saw an un user friendly downloads page before. As you know the other thread i created , i strongly hope IPB will make major improvements on downloads page.

I could care less about the clicks.

However I do care a lot about how the information is displayed. For instance right now the client area landing page shows:

"#409785 Renewal: IPS Community Suite ( Pay Now button ) $50.12"

With several licenses, I have to do a lot of checking just to have a vague idea of what license is expired and what is not.

And the last time I paid the $50.25 it renewed the license only and not Nexus and the other addons. It is like IPS just removed them from the license after the renewal.

5 is fine for downloading an update for your forum but the number of clicks it takes to buy something from the Marketplace is over the top. One reason why I ditched Nexus and use a 3rd party system for selling video tutorials. The whole process of buying something and downloading using Nexus is excessive.

I could care less about the clicks.

However I do care a lot about how the information is displayed. For instance right now the client area landing page shows:

"#409785 Renewal: IPS Community Suite ( Pay Now button ) $50.12"

With several licenses, I have to do a lot of checking just to have a vague idea of what license is expired and what is not.

And the last time I paid the $50.25 it renewed the license only and not Nexus and the other addons. It is like IPS just removed them from the license after the renewal.

If you have specific questions about anything in your account, please just ask account/billing assistance and we can gladly explain things :smile:

You may also find these two guides informative:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/guides.html/_/ips-client-services-and-faq/deactivating-and-reactivating-licenses-r30

However, in short, yes, we've made changes to the way things are shown - it is like we "removed" them in a way, in the sense that now, when you choose not to renew an application, we "deactivate" it out of your suite. It's still there, just no longer active. You can reactivate it at any time.

If you've got any further questions though, instead of bringing this off topic, please don't hesitate to open a ticket. I can gladly explain it further for you. The changes might be new to someone who has been with us for a while, but it's actually much more clear to know the status of everything once you get the hang of it. :thumbsup:

also, this topic title made me think of this:

http://bit.ly/aCqGp

Just think of all the clicks and keystroke you took making that video, posting this text, creating poll, etc. You could have downloaded like all the files!

When I first saw this reply, I laughed and clicked 'Like This'.
However, after some serious consideration in terms of company feedback and professionalism - I took away the 'like' that I gave you. Let me explain why!
After having many replies with 'Sorry I don't understand what you are getting at', many years ago I choose to always create a short video of what I am trying to explain - I thought it would break the barrier between my mind and everyone else and make it a bit easier for everyone to understand what point I was trying to get across.
Now all things being serious, this is an issue I thought that I would make IPS aware that it bothers me, and left the jokes in the poll as I figured that it would produce a more professional discussion in regards to something I thought was excessive. I guess I was wrong.
On top of all that, you seem to 'take the piss' from my way of explaining, and that is very serious indeed. I feel that you don't take me seriously, and that is a company image issue.
Not only am I considering removing my own license for Nexus (and not renewing it because it has not moved towards a customer friendly environment), I think that you have simply sealed the deal for me.
Is that really the answer you want to give to me? This does not seem to be very professional to me, does it to you?
1. As a customer, I don’t want to be spending any more time than I have to, clicking through your site just to download some files that I paid for
2. As a customer, I don’t see why it should take 4 more clicks to get paid files from IPS compared through the marketplace
If IPS thoughts are behind the idea that I will stay longer because there are more clicks to get a file, then you really do not have much confidence in your website's content.
Thanks Charles, this is just an observation, this is not the only time I have seen a woefully deplorable reply from you :angry:
P.S: This response is very serious in nature and was not intended to offend anyone, but to provide genuine company feedback.

• Management

My joke was woefully deplorable? I tried so hard too :sad:

And you took away my like :(

I'm hurting inside I am.

Ok so for those who also take yourselves too seriously:

Yes I was making a joke. I agree it's a lot of clicks and something we can make a better workflow I just didn't, at the time, realize that I should be quite so sober when responding to feedback regarding click-counts :)

ok, since nobody asked for my opinion I'm going to chime in here!

1. Charles, I literally laughed out loud at that one.

2. Does anyone here actually spend that much time downloading files from here that the clicks really matter?

3. I DO agree that Nexus needs to be more customer friendly. I recently started using it for a store selling physical products. The backend is great, the front end could be a little more customer friendly.

• Management

1. Me too. I'm a huge fan of my work.

2. Good point.

3. We agree. We have made a lot of custom hooks and such on our install here and keep experimenting with new ideas that we will incorporate in future versions. We tend to use ourselves as proving grounds for what works before releasing it out to you.

Archived