WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

Hey Marcher, I'm having the same issue as Hafskjold. None of my posts are being posted as IPB topics, and I have Unknown next to those two debug statuses. Did you figure out what was going on?

4th times the charm.
Open your IPB install root via FTP.
go to interfaceboardmodulesipb
download the api.php file.
Edit it locally, find:

public function postTopic( $api_key, $api_module, $member_field, $member_key, $forum_id, $topic_title, $topic_description, $post_content )

Make that:

public function postTopic( $api_key, $api_module, $member_field, $member_key, $forum_id, $topic_title, $post_content )

Save, re-upload the file over the file you downloaded, overwriting it.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, and quick response! Thanks!

Now we're having a different problem...which is probably something stupid or common sense that I'm overlooking. When the posts get put into IPB, the markup really screws up. Here's an example: http://forums.4pgames.net/topic/434-telltale-games-announces-poker-night-2-featuring-characters-from-portal-the-venture-bros-borderlands-amp-more/ - is there a way to fix that?

Also, is there a way to stop it from making threads for old posts? I'm getting threads for random Wordpress posts from months ago. It'd be better if it only did it for posts from now on. Disabled the "make threads" option for now until I hear back from you.

Awesome, and quick response! Thanks!
Now we're having a different problem...which is probably something stupid or common sense that I'm overlooking. When the posts get put into IPB, the markup really screws up. Here's an example: http://forums.4pgames.net/topic/434-telltale-games-announces-poker-night-2-featuring-characters-from-portal-the-venture-bros-borderlands-amp-more/ - is there a way to fix that?

Fixed. I did have to make my own custom methods, and allow HTML posting incoming for it all to WAI.
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s
And more.

I read through this thread and may have missed it or misunderstood something, but would replies (comments) to an article and replies in the corresponding thread by synched? I see that comments made to an article get copied over to the thread, but I can't tell if it works in reverse. I've been considering IPBWI but honestly it's a little confusing for me to work with. This is significantly cheaper and if it does that, I'd be happy to purchase. If you ever add the ability to have the userbar up at the top, it would match the exact functionality I wanted IPBWI for!

Edit:
After posting this I started going through the comment thread for the Marketplace item and it seems this is planned! If I purchased this now and installed it, would the replies appear on articles retroactively once the feature is added?

Do the WordPress posts have a custom field we can insert an IPB thread link to associate an existing thread as the comment thread for the post? This would be useful in two cases I can think of (that apply to me!):

• When switching from this WordPress plug-in that creates threads for each post and inserts a link into the post, but nothing else. The posts already exist after all.
  • When someone creates a thread about some news and you create a WordPress post about it, but want to keep the discussion in the existing thread. Though this can also probably be solved by merging the old thread into the new one.

this functionality is now included as seen above.
the settings are now merely defaults.

Also, are the IPB topics full copies of the blog post, or just a summary with "Click here to read the full article"?

I'd prefer the latter, by far, to drive my readers into the main site.

the only functionality really missing for this, noting excerpt field present for providing a quick summary, is the link to post auto-added option.
This functionality is shown above, and on the demo.

<a href='{url}' rel='external'>View the full article</a>

The simplistic code I Input into the option on the demo post.

Full synch is now supported, posts on IPB will post as WP Comments when configured to synch.

IPB Userphoto synch for users globally is now supported.

UPGRADE NOTES.

You absolutely *must* reconfigure the IPB API user to match the readme.

Correct order for this upgrade to completely avoid any intermediary issue while doing so:

1. Upload new /ipb/ Files.
  2. Reconfigure IPB API User.
  3. Upload new /wp/ Files.

Hm, having something odd happen. When I updated, everything seemed to work fine and the comments were working great aside from two small issues:

1. It seems to convert the forum posts it imports into GMT which puts them out of order in the comments list. The same does not happen on the IPB thread at least.
  2. It uses the Display Name defaults for WordPress for anything commented on via WordPress (ie. firstname lastname), but comments posted from IPB use the IPB Username (which is what I'd like to use for everything in comments).

In any case, after this, I went to the WordPress settings for the plugin and inserted the User CP link for that option. When I clicked save, all of a sudden it said xml-rpc disabled and I'm unable to log out.

Hm, having something odd happen. When I updated, everything seemed to work fine and the comments were working great aside from two small issues:

1. It seems to convert the forum posts it imports into GMT which puts them out of order in the comments list. The same does not happen on the IPB thread at least.
  2. It uses the Display Name defaults for WordPress for anything commented on via WordPress (ie. firstname lastname), but comments posted from IPB use the IPB Username (which is what I'd like to use for everything in comments).

In any case, after this, I went to the WordPress settings for the plugin and inserted the User CP link for that option. When I clicked save, all of a sudden it said xml-rpc disabled and I'm unable to log out.

1: Oh i wish I wish I wish I wish WP did not use a datetime field here.

2: k.... trying to avoid calling upon the xml-rpc too heavily.... but i am caching the member calls internally.

see what I can do....

Logout has nothing to do with XML-RPC, you can always rename/move the file wp-contentpluginsipsconnectwp-ips-connect.php to disable the plugin in such.... odd.... extreme cases... not certain what you did there but i would triple-check your configs, and the IPB API user against the readme.

The 2 however are completely unrelated.... the core that handles logout is assisted by it's extension, the xmlrpc, which only operates on it's own features/functions, which logout is not.

If you'd like any logins, please let me know. It might just be something wrong with the test setup I have but I have disabled and deleted everything and tried it all again from Step 1 and still find myself in the same spot. It seems odd considering it did work for a little while.

is the board offline/requiring login?

I ask as that throws out massive ripples atm, ipsconnect does not respond as it should.

otherwise, i know where i am looking for that, it is handled in a method in both main objects(one extends the other and adds to the parent return if xmlrpc is running) so will look there regardless for vals getting cleared badly.

Update is working great, however I don't understand how to make the forum post a simple link to the post on the main site. Like Sat0ri, I'd like to drive traffic to the site and don't want duplicate content - I filled out the link to post box but it's still showing the entire post, just with the link after it.

Is there a way to just show just the link to the post in the IPB thread, or even just a brief excerpt? Also, a way to make it global so you don't have to add the link markup to every new post?

Update is working great, however I don't understand how to make the forum post a simple link to the post on the main site. Like Sat0ri, I'd like to drive traffic to the site and don't want duplicate content - I filled out the link to post box but it's still showing the entire post, just with the link after it.

Is there a way to just show just the link to the post in the IPB thread, or even just a brief excerpt? Also, a way to make it global so you don't have to add the link markup to every new post?

defaults needed... and some kind of automatic truncation then? you can provide an excerpt manually via the excerpt field.

If you'd like any logins, please let me know. It might just be something wrong with the test setup I have but I have disabled and deleted everything and tried it all again from Step 1 and still find myself in the same spot. It seems odd considering it did work for a little while.

ok.

in review of the code, yes, I would like access, to wp-admin, in looking i do but one check clearing this input... that the inputted master URL returns a 200 OK response, i need to ensure this is actually causing issue as it seems a sane check to make..

Unfortunately I can't send you any new messages. I've created a username and password for you that should have been emailed to your MSN email.

I never got the email.

that said... I have removed the checks for result 200 in that area, which should help, and cleaned up my inbox some.

File updated.

• Heavy code refactor, abstraction of settings and XMLRPC retrieval so I can easily add/to clean up the primary core and xmlrpc objects who where getting a bit god-like.
  • Fixed settings defaults being forced on posts when 0, or '' was the contents of the post setting.
  • This would cause an inability to over-ride the settings by post in certain configurations.
  • Added defaults for synch and link options.

Hi, just upgraded to the newest version...

Both now and before the upgrade, new articles aren't posting to the forum.

Our WP settings:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-04 at 6.08.35 PM.png

Any ideas what the problem might be?

SSO seems to be working alright, no issues there.

Thanks in advance!

check the XML-RPC debug panel(click XML-RPC ENABLED)... all OK or UNKNOWN?

previously I was depending on a xmlrpc module core, which i have no control of, and cannot speedily rectify bugs, or get the html posted in WP to WAI, now i am using my own module for this.... so you should ensure the XMLRPC API user is reconfigured as detailed in readme file.

I just remembered and resolved this in the download/working copy.

#2 though is confusing.

the display name should be synched to the ipb display name. 0.o

I have inbox room now, PM me if issues persist.

Archived