WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

WordPress search is pretty terrible (my users wouldn't stop complaining) so I switched to Google Search. Because I search my domain and the forums are just located at domain.com/forums it searches both my forums and WordPress. I recommend doing that. There are many tutorials on Google.

thank you firestorm good idea,

there is many wp plugin for that i thin k !

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to not having comments on my forum, now the subject are not posted! When did the problem will be resolved :/

follow up in your pm for this please, I am unfortunately not understanding what you mean by this bit.

Hi,

Since the last update, comments are not synchronized with the forum !

Any update on this issue?

fixed.

re-upload /wp/ from the download please.

Hi,

I installed the plugin and got it to work with my Wordpress site. However, when I use the login form on the Wordpress site, the site itself appears in the login popup window after login occurs (see attached images). I know this is probably something I should know how to fix, but I do not, please help.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

At this time, this login module is not compatible with ajax logins unfortunately. I would encourage you to try a different theme, or if the theme has an option to disable ajax logins, enable that.

Hi Marcher,

It seems that the version number of the IPSConnect 1.1.1 plug-in for wordpress is being written as 1.1.0. I think it might be a mistake in versioning which can lead to confusion, otherwise, everything is working OK.

Regards,

Muhammad Nuzaihan

Do you have an ETA on these features discussed earlier in the thread?

1. Avatars next to threads in Recent Topics widget (like it is in IPB default skin)
  2. Title of Wordpress comments section hyperlinked to corresponding thread on IPB
  3. IPB user bar at the top also displayed on WordPress

I understand the third point may take more time than the other two but if any of them are somewhat quick I would love for them in an upcoming patch! I'm expecting a decent spike in traffic to our blog starting this weekend and would love to get more of these new users involved in our forums.

Hi Marcher,

Please tell me how I might cause the popup login box for IPB to deploy on a WP page. I am the poster who has the AJAX problem with my site login and I am hoping that I can just set up a link to open the IPB registration popup from the WP site. I know this is an elementary question, but you are dealing with a neophyte. Thanks in advance for "showing me how to walk".

Alex

I talked to DAP support about this module and they had not heard of it or tested it yet with their membership software, has anyone else? This is what they told me and I wonder if anyone can answer this question for me?

We have not tested it with DAP. Looks like it uses WP user table for the integration with IPB. If yes, then as long as you have integrated DAP->WP, the integration may work. But we are not sure about it as we have tested it and do not have any experience with it.

I talked to DAP support about this module and they had not heard of it or tested it yet with their membership software, has anyone else? This is what they told me and I wonder if anyone can answer this question for me?

We have not tested it with DAP. Looks like it uses WP user table for the integration with IPB. If yes, then as long as you have integrated DAP->WP, the integration may work. But we are not sure about it as we have tested it and do not have any experience with it.

I have not tested it. It sounds like they are saying so long as the data is synced in WP 'users' table, it should be compatible. Ask them if they overload wp_logout(the global function, not the 'action hook'). If they do then I can simply confirm it is not going to work. Otherwise it should be fine as far as I know, but again, untested.

Hi Marcher,

Please tell me how I might cause the popup login box for IPB to deploy on a WP page. I am the poster who has the AJAX problem with my site login and I am hoping that I can just set up a link to open the IPB registration popup from the WP site. I know this is an elementary question, but you are dealing with a neophyte. Thanks in advance for "showing me how to walk".

Alex

Do you have an ETA on these features discussed earlier in the thread?

1. Avatars next to threads in Recent Topics widget (like it is in IPB default skin)
  2. Title of Wordpress comments section hyperlinked to corresponding thread on IPB
  3. IPB user bar at the top also displayed on WordPress

I understand the third point may take more time than the other two but if any of them are somewhat quick I would love for them in an upcoming patch! I'm expecting a decent spike in traffic to our blog starting this weekend and would love to get more of these new users involved in our forums.

1.1.1 was a maintenance update. Very literally, json instead of xmlrpc so that I could stop hearing about that peculiarity/requirement and move forward, and stability thereof.

1.1.2 will include these at default.

Also, Marcher

Have an ETA when you can properly use AJAX logins? I spent a lot of time on my custom registration/sign in form, to find out that it won't work. You should mention this on your marketplace item to let future people know that any type of ajax login/registration plugin, or home built will not work while this is enabled....

I'll probably fix this myself, if you would like my updates to help you out, let me know.

Marcher, I'm not understanding this part -- I created a field in IPB, it does nothing on the WP side? http://prntscr.com/1x7u1z -- No fields were created, or am I missunderstanding what you mean?

It will not copy custom field data from IPB to Wordpress. Wordpress does not even have a notion of a custom profile field, so I'm not certain where I would copy it to?

Also, Marcher

Have an ETA when you can properly use AJAX logins? I spent a lot of time on my custom registration/sign in form, to find out that it won't work. You should mention this on your marketplace item to let future people know that any type of ajax login/registration plugin, or home built will not work while this is enabled....

I'll probably fix this myself, if you would like my updates to help you out, let me know.

Good Luck. :smile: I have been here, and fought this battle, and lost. It is a limitation of the technology, the user has to be redirected to the master to be logged in on the master. Unless you feel really quite keen on writing your own mechanism for login auth(ergo, dropping IPSConnect in entirety), which is something I am not, ajax login support is not within the realm of possibility while still supporting cross-domain usage. As that functionality is simply not stock to wordpress, no warning is warranted. It is designed and developed against the wordpress core. Any and all conflicts with any existing plugins/themes is really not my problem, and I'm not going to fix them, as wordpress gives me 0 tools to accommodate and actively encourages plugin/theme conflicts by procedural design.

I've won the battle -- All I had to do was edit your plugin, and the ajax plugin I used -- took all of 10minutes to figure out....

I'll post a quick video. Just let me know if you want the code changes :-)

Please tell me how I am supposed to distribute that? There are a literal crite-ton of plugins and skins adding this functionality, if you had to modify both my plugin and the third-party plugin, how can I feasibly integrate support?

Feel free to provide the code changes if you wish for others, and which ajax login plugin you used, truly. I simply cannot distribute it with that support unfortunately.

I also get the bad feeling you are setting the IPB cookies from wordpress in lieu of redirect, which I also will not do regardless as it often results in session fixation and will not work cross-domain.

I don't expect you to support other people's plugins -- I'm just saying with a couple lines of code added to your plugin + a couple lines of code copy/pasta to any of the 3rd party plugins I've tested (3-4 of them, but 2 of them are the most used anyways ) will get the ajax logins working correctly. If they can't figure out how to copy/pasta an extra bit of code to get the added functionality, well... that's on them as you said, support isn't provided to non plugins.

But providing your plugin with the opportunity to support something so simple like ajax should be.

Here is all I did -- 4PQ28DM.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="4PQ28DM.png">

And then for the plugin, I just edited the JS really quick and added

if(al_sack.response.match(/ipsconnect.php/i))
 {
   window.location.href = al_sack.response;
 }else{

alert("Unknown login response.");

}

Wala -- Working ajax from subdomain, not sure cross domains nor am I sure that's the 100% best solution, this was a quick fix for me as I said, around 10minutes to fix it from a quick sift through the code on both ends.

EDIT: I'm not crapping on the plugins or anything, either -- Just showing that it IS possible if you're willing to make a couple small changes.

I have a quick question on the 'Recent Topics' feature. On my wordpress it displays everything right but the link to the topic is the same color of my theme background making it invisible unless highlighted. I'm wondering where I might find the line of code that would affect the links color so I can get it changed.

Archived