WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

I don't see any of Master XML-RPC API Key option which I can fill my API Key.

This sentence contradicts this one:

Why I have xml-rpc disabled (in wordpress plugin) when this option and libs are enabled on my host

The only way that option would not appear is if

!function_exists('xmlrpc_encode_request')

http://www.php.net/manual/xmlrpc.installation.php

Please contact your host for this php module to be enabled.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi marcher,

if you look at http://www.gx.com.sg store, it appears as if i am logged out, even when i'm logged in.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I cannot support what you are doing, my login code will never be hit, you are wrapping the entirety of wordpress with the IPB wrapper, the entirety of your issues lay in what appears to be completely custom code.

That is not my code displaying this issue, nor will I debug it as part of the support of this modification. If you would like me to look into the issue on a paid basis, feel free to PM me. The file does clearly state you are free to modify, but support of such modifications is not granted with purchase.

Unfortunately, such an unusual usage of wordpress does fall under this clause. This modification does not expect the wordpress wrapper replaced like that, or removed as in the shop link. It was developed and tested against the Wordpress core, and cannot account for that extreme of a modification and still serve the needs of the vast majority.

Hi marcher,

if you look at http://www.gx.com.sg store, it appears as if i am logged out, even when i'm logged in.

Thanks

- We need the code to implement a IPB user navigation bar (dynamic) into a Wordpress template. Is there a iframe code that achieves the functionality of the user navigation controls. ie. sign in, profile links etc. Reason is that users logged into WP cannot access the user navigation panel.

- We need the code to implement a IPB user navigation bar (dynamic) into a Wordpress template. Is there a iframe code that achieves the functionality of the user navigation controls. ie. sign in, profile links etc. Reason is that users logged into WP cannot access the user navigation panel.

I look to add such a user navigation widget in the next release, this has been on my short list for a while, I just want it done right, which means a healthy amount of code for missing xmlrpc API functionality to bypass cross-domain ajax issues(and a lack of a form hash even from the same domain, note I cannot actually initialize IPB in wordpress directly and serve the needs of those wanting to run wordpress on a differing server).

Hello, I have a wishlist integration in my Wordpress installation and my user management is based on it. Since your plugin is not compatible with wishlist, is there any way for me to achieve the requirements which are:

1. A user gets created from worpdress.

2. If a user logs in Wordpress, he should be logged in IPBoard as well.

Thanks,

Kranthi.

I look to add such a user navigation widget in the next release, this has been on my short list for a while, I just want it done right, which means a healthy amount of code for missing xmlrpc API functionality to bypass cross-domain ajax issues(and a lack of a form hash even from the same domain, note I cannot actually initialize IPB in wordpress directly and serve the needs of those wanting to run wordpress on a differing server).

Looking forward to this feature!

Hi, I have some issues with the WordPress plugin.

1. When I enable one of the forum widgets, I get ‘fatal error' messages (this is the one for the stats widget:

Fatal error: Class 'wpXmlRpc' not found in/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/widgets/stats.php on line 55

).

2. Comments sync does not work, neither from WP nor from IPB (xmlrpc is enabled; regarding to WP and IPB); but posting a WordPress article to IPB works

3. Avatars are displayed in the WordPress admin but not on the frontend :unsure:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I have some issues with the WordPress plugin.

1. When I enable one of the forum widgets, I get ‘fatal error' messages (this is the one for the stats widget:

Fatal error: Class 'wpXmlRpc' not found in/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/widgets/stats.php on line 55

).

2. Comments sync does not work, neither from WP nor from IPB (xmlrpc is enabled; regarding to WP and IPB); but posting a WordPress article to IPB works

3. Avatars are displayed in the WordPress admin but not on the frontend :unsure:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :smile:

Try re-uploading the files please?

I'm up and running now!

I'm still trying to tweak some last few things.

1) If user signs out on IPB, I want them redirected to WP sign in

2) Is it possible for a WP page to show the last x number of posts dynamically using this? (or something else I haven't seen yet)

Thanks,

Ryan

1) This is a bit outside scope for this modification unfortunately, there are a few hooks for logout redirect in IPB on the MP.

2) Yes(if I understand correctly), using the XMLRPC functionality allows for forums and topics widgets, usable anywhere in your theme supporting widgets easily.

I fear to add a posts widget premade, as they are notoriously heavy on large communities - however the capability is present with very little code.

If I misunderstand and you are looking for programmatic access, you should be looking at how wp-contentpluginsipsconnectwidgetstopics.php and wp-contentpluginsipsconnectsourcesclassespost.php retrieve their data, the code is fairly re-usable.

1) This is a bit outside scope for this modification unfortunately, there are a few hooks for logout redirect in IPB on the MP.
2) Yes(if I understand correctly), using the XMLRPC functionality allows for forums and topics widgets, usable anywhere in your theme supporting widgets easily.
I fear to add a posts widget premade, as they are notoriously heavy on large communities - however the capability is present with very little code.
If I misunderstand and you are looking for programmatic access, you should be looking at how wp-contentpluginsipsconnectwidgetstopics.php and wp-contentpluginsipsconnectsourcesclassespost.php retrieve their data, the code is fairly re-usable.

To elaborate, at the base code level:
$topics = wpXmlRpc::getResponse('fetchTopics', array(
    'api_module' => 'mt',
    'order_field' => 'start_date',
    'forum_ids' => $fids,
    'offset' => $st,
    'limit' => $limit,
    'view_as_guest' => 0,
        ));
$posts = wpXmlRpc::getResponse('fetchPosts', array(
      'api_module' => 'mt',
      'topic_ids' => $tids,
      'order_field' => 'pid',
      'order_by' => 'asc',
      'offset' => $st,
      'limit' => $limit,
       ));
$forums = wpXmlRpc::getResponse('fetchForums', array(
   'forum_ids' => $fids,
   'view_as_guest' => 0
     ));
I simply strongly believe adding a posts widget for any wp-admin to use on install would land me in a heap of support issues due to load thereof.

Is there a way to link to the thread in the template of the page? For example, I'd like to modify the header here that says the number of comments and article title to link to the thread. What would I use in comments.php to achieve this?

This is something I would prefer to implement as an option within the plugin. Yes, it is possible spitting code custom, however, acting from comments.php, you would be selecting data from the database I already pull and use in the plugin for determining if the topic needs to post/what topic to pull posts from, thus implemented as an in-built option allows for a cleaner implementation.

This is something I would prefer to implement as an option within the plugin. Yes, it is possible spitting code custom, however, acting from comments.php, you would be selecting data from the database I already pull and use in the plugin for determining if the topic needs to post/what topic to pull posts from, thus implemented as an in-built option allows for a cleaner implementation.

Oh, ok! That would be fine. If it's not too much trouble, could it also be a part of a future update to make the "Topics" widget display on WordPress like the default "Recent Topics" widget on Invision Power Board? So thumbnail of user picture on left with topic title on top right and username + date on bottom right. Just as an option would be nice! Or at least option to import user picture so we can modify the rest with CSS.

I think I kind of asked this before, but didn't really get an answer.

I want a user, the first time he/she enters the forums, to have to create a Display Name.

I was playing around in the WP IPSConnect core code and found (I thought) where accounts are created, and set the display names to '' to see if that would work - but it didn't seem to.

Is there something in the code that you can suggest to modify so that WP IPSConnect does not set a Display Name. Or do you know of some setting/hook somewhere to force a first time user to create/change that display name?

Thanks

Archived