WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

I'm unsure if this has been covered, but just a helpful reminder to anyone who has followed the directions precisely and are still getting the Disabled - XML-RPC Disabled error message. Make sure that you have filled in the form box in the WP settings for "Return Url Post-Logout". If this box is left empty then you will get that error message regardless of the attention to the Read Me. This is a great option for Communities in need of an easily accessible portal page, as it is how we are using it over at http://www.mustygaming.com .

Great Work MT!

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

We are having problems with getting users registered from the IPB (master) to Wordpress (slave) - by looking at creating users in the wordpress via the IPB registration. Before we purchased your application we read that you allow registrations via the IPB.

As our wordpress site requires the user information for registered users from IPB as well (serving different needs of our portal as a whole) - we need to have these user information for our entire site to work.

Could you help us with regards to this? It's urgent.

Hello,

I am having an issue where when a writer edits a WP post that is synced to an IPB topic, a new topic is created. This means that if someone posts a item in WP and edits it twice, we get three topics in the given forum. Anything I can do on my end to try and prevent this?

Hello,

I am having an issue where when a writer edits a WP post that is synced to an IPB topic, a new topic is created. This means that if someone posts a item in WP and edits it twice, we get three topics in the given forum. Anything I can do on my end to try and prevent this?

That should not be possible.... please ensure the xmlrpc module is uploaded to IPB and functional, and provide me access details via PM if it persists.

Hi,

We are having problems with getting users registered from the IPB (master) to Wordpress (slave) - by looking at creating users in the wordpress via the IPB registration. Before we purchased your application we read that you allow registrations via the IPB.

As our wordpress site requires the user information for registered users from IPB as well (serving different needs of our portal as a whole) - we need to have these user information for our entire site to work.

Could you help us with regards to this? It's urgent.

This.... I am failing to understand what precisely the issue is? If on same TLD, a logged-in IPB user not in WP should be created and logged in on wp front-end view. If not, or the user heads to WP login first, on successfully WP login auth against IPB they will be created and logged in.

1. The comments posted on the forum appear on Wordpress? And the comments posted in Wordpress appear in Forum?

2. Are 60$ more 20$ every 6 months. My question is: I have to renew every 6 months or functions as the IPB, which only need to renew when I want?

3. You have a trial version? I'm still developing the website and would like to try before buy.

Thanks. ;)

1. The comments posted on the forum appear on Wordpress? And the comments posted in Wordpress appear in Forum?

Yes.

2. Are 60$ more 20$ every 6 months. My question is: I have to renew every 6 months or functions as the IPB, which only need to renew when I want?

As IPB. Support and updates are the only reason to renew, and it is not required.

3. You have a trial version? I'm still developing the website and would like to try before buy.

Unfortunately, I do not provide a trial version at this time. I do provide a demo.

I've just installed this plugin and while the new WP articles do generate new topics on the forums, the comments sync does not seem to work. I enabled these two settings:

• Post Comments as Replies to the Topic by default?
  • Synch Post to Topic by default?

Anything else I should do? Should I apply some custom permissions to the forum where the comments should appear? Any user settings?

PS: IPB is the master and the login seems to work fine in WP too.

Nevermind, it is working now! :)

Hi, I have a question, since I'm quite new to this integration stuff.

I have a WordPress website with a lot of user data. We were using bbpress, but I want to use my IPB as a forum, so this WordPress-IPSConnect sounds like the right thing for me.

The only problem is, I have no idea what master and what slave should be. I guess WordPress is my master, but where do I get a master key?

Hi, The WP plugin says "XML-RPC disabled".

Does it show any input for the xmlrpc API key?

If not, you need to install xmlrpc

Hi, I have a question, since I'm quite new to this integration stuff.

I have a WordPress website with a lot of user data. We were using bbpress, but I want to use my IPB as a forum, so this WordPress-IPSConnect sounds like the right thing for me.

The only problem is, I have no idea what master and what slave should be. I guess WordPress is my master, but where do I get a master key?

This plugin is designed with WordPress as the slave - however, due to the need of a super-admin fallback(super-admin installs the plugin, does not exist in IPB, would be locked out if I did not create them in IPB on successful login), this should work for your needs.

Sorry Marcher, if i'm asking too many questions.

Your plugin works well with our integration, however the wordpress is within an iframe of our IPB and when we go to the iframe, the "sign out" button appears.

I'll PM you the URL. Thank you. :)

Hi Marcher,

A question different than my previous question.

I was wondering why i could not see the users, authenticated by IPB in the wordpress? (The wordpress is a slave). I have looked at the code of the wordpress plugin for SSO and it has wp_insert_users which led me to think it adds the users into the wordpress database via JSON.

Thanks

Hi Marcher, I have sent several PMs in recent weeks requesting support for my installation of IPS Connect on DiscoverWestCork.com. I am very disappointed not to have heard back from you.

I have now been forced to disable the product as it was making my site unusable. Can you please either revert to me or refund me my 6 monthly service renewal fee and i'll write of my original purchase as a failed trust in your product.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Hi Marcher,

A question different than my previous question.

I was wondering why i could not see the users, authenticated by IPB in the wordpress? (The wordpress is a slave). I have looked at the code of the wordpress plugin for SSO and it has wp_insert_users which led me to think it adds the users into the wordpress database via JSON.

Thanks

they would have to login to wordpress once.

I am not really at all certain this plugin can meet your needs, it was designed to work within wordpress standing alone, you have the IPB header iframed in, my login code in wordpress is never even going to be hit.

Hi Marcher, I have sent several PMs in recent weeks requesting support for my installation of IPS Connect on DiscoverWestCork.com. I am very disappointed not to have heard back from you.

I have now been forced to disable the product as it was making my site unusable. Can you please either revert to me or refund me my 6 monthly service renewal fee and i'll write of my original purchase as a failed trust in your product.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Hello,

I apologize for any delay, and if this cannot be worked through in PM I will be happy to refund the entirety of your purchase.

for reference however -

If I log in from the wordpress side, I am also logged in on the IPS side, but if I log in from the IPS side first, I am not logged into the wordpress side.

This is very usually the cookie domain setting of IPB needing configured so wp can read the cookies IPB sets - and in no way makes the site unusable......

I've noticed a few times when logging in from different computers that random members are shown as being logged in at the top of the wordpress page, when no one else uses these computers and really it should be my username shown only... weird!

I've noticed a few times when logging in from different computers that random members are shown as being logged in at the top of the wordpress page, when no one else uses these computers and really it should be my username shown only... weird!

That seems extremely strange.... is this consistently reproduce-able? I cannot say I have ever seen or heard of such behavior, does it persist with all other plugins disabled?

That seems extremely strange.... is this consistently reproduce-able? I cannot say I have ever seen or heard of such behavior, does it persist with all other plugins disabled?

I have noticed this as well. For me it's the same user, and it's a banned (spam) user on IP Board.

I have two other questions as well Marcher.

1. Ok, here's my scenario. I log out of my site at the end of the day. The next morning I navigate to my site and it shows me as logged in on Wordpress. I then go to the forum and it shows as logged out. When I sign in on the forum everything seems to be running fine.

2. If I try to use the sign out link on my Wordpress pages, and then navigate to the forum, the forum still shows me logged in, but I'm logged out of Wordpress. This may have to do with the sign out link I am using on my Wordpress pages?

Hope this all makes sense. :smile:

I logged in on random work computers, no one else uses my forum here... I was logged into IPB, when I visited the wordpress side, I was shown as a different user...

This happened again on another computer, yet I was shown as another different user...

I have no explanation and it doesn't happen all the time, just on occasion..randomly..

Archived