WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

%7Boption%7D

File Name: WordPress IPSConnect

File Submitter: Marcher Technologies

File Submitted: 05 Jan 2013

File Category: Integration

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This is a Full-featured IPSConnect Slave Application built as a WordPress plugin.

Features Include

• 'Password' Master IPSConnect/API Key Inputs for extra security[1].
  • Single Sign On[1][2], shared login credentials[1].
  • User Login Type setting, Username[1], Email[1], or Display Name[1][3].
  • Utilizes IPB registration and password resets[1].
  • Force 'new' WordPress Users to 'No Role for this site'[1].
  • Master IPB 'Forums', 'Topics', And 'Statistics' Wordpress Widgets With Data Caching[1][3].
  • Global WP Super-Admin control of the Minimum Lifetime of the Data Caching[1][3].
  • Globally Disable any or all API Widgets [1][3].
  • Option to treat specified IPB Group's Users as guests in WP[1][3].
  • Option to exclude Blog owner from the above option[1][3].
  • Option to post a new IPB Topic for every WP Post in a forum specified by post, with admin-defined form default[1][3].
  • Option to post a new IPB Post for every WP Comment in reply to the IPB Topic made for the WP Post enabled/disabled by post, with admin-defined form default[1][3].
  • Option to Synch IPB Posts as WP Comments enabled/disabled by post, with admin-defined form default[1][3].
  • Option to add a link to the WP Post in the posted IPB Topic OP complete with HTML Formatting enabled/disabled by post, with admin-defined form default[1][3].
  • Option to ONLY post the link format in the posted IPB Topic OP enabled/disabled by post, with admin-defined form default[1][3].
  • Option to force admin-defined form defaults globally, removing the options from post screens[1][3].
  • Option to post all topics as an admin-specified IPB member[1][3].
  • Option to post all Visitor/Guest WP comments to IPB as an admin-specified IPB member[1][3].
  • Option to Over-ride the Synched IPB Topic ID by post, to allow synching rss-imported items and posting new topics, with admin-defined form default[1][3].
  • Full IPB User Photo integration[1][3].
  • API Method debug area[1][3].
  • Hide WordPress Admin links on Frontend.
  • Replace WordPress 'My Profile' Links with Links to the master UCP.

Terms Of Purchase/Grant/License
  • 'The Plugin' Shall Refer to the file downloaded as a result of the license purchase itself.
  • You May NOT Distribute The Plugin.
  • You May NOT remove the copyright line from The Plugin Settings Page, or from The Plugin file header.
  • Barring the above, you MAY Modify The Plugin, however you will NOT receive support of such modification.

Incompatible WordPress Plugins:
Important! These plugins are known to directly conflict with the IPS.Connect authentication flow in WordPress, You *MUST* disable these plugins if installed before installing and leave them off.
  • WishList Member (while the reason is a logout incompatibility, this plugin represents a security hole by nature of it's obfuscation technique, I would highly suggest removing if installed regardless)
  • Limit Login Attempts (This plugin is apparently mandatory and not easily removable on wpengine.com hosting. This unfortunately does mean if your host is wpengine.com, you will not be able to use this modification.)

Click here to download this file

[1] Supported On WordPress MultiSite.
[2] Same TLD as IPB Master Only.
[3] IPB Master API User Required.
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once I have the plugin activated I am unable to login through the WP-login page. I am running multisite and the admin user I created on install cannot login in through the WP login page once the SSO plugin is activated. I do not have this user as a user in IPB so maybe that is the issue? But, when I test on my regular IPB user I am unable to login with this user also.

Once I have the plugin activated I am unable to login through the WP-login page. I am running multisite and the admin user I created on install cannot login in through the WP login page once the SSO plugin is activated. I do not have this user as a user in IPB so maybe that is the issue? But, when I test on my regular IPB user I am unable to login with this user also.

that certainly does not sound right :unsure: .... would you mind PMing me access details?

Hi there,

When I try to activate the plugin I get a fatal error.

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/barcs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/wp-ips-connect.php on line 20

Hi there,

When I try to activate the plugin I get a fatal error.

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/barcs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/wp-ips-connect.php on line 20

line.... 20? that makes no sense.... that is a simple conditional referencing a static property of an instantiated class...what PHP version are you running?

Fixing.

Only issue I have now is when registering on Wordpress the user is unable to log in on Wordpress or IPB although accounts are created on both side. If a user registers on IPB it all works perfectly.

Will the updated file you mention above fix this?

Only issue I have now is when registering on Wordpress the user is unable to log in on Wordpress or IPB although accounts are created on both side. If a user registers on IPB it all works perfectly.

Will the updated file you mention above fix this?

yes, though just by you mentioning it.

The issue is wordpress does not let the user enter a password, nor does it pass the randomly generated and emailed password to me there, which means I am generating another random pass the user never recieves for ipb to use, which means they cannot login with the password they recieved.

(the docs of WP actually bald-faced lie about this, stating the randomly generated pass is sent to the hook)

I think this really forces me to push user registration through IPB on the frontend registration, backend is handled properly, as I have password input.

I personslly would prefer registration through ipb as it has key capture and also easier to add extra fields if you need to. I was going to create my own login menu on wordpress to do this anyway but wanted to ensure the plugin is working correctly first.

I personslly would prefer registration through ipb as it has key capture and also easier to add extra fields if you need to. I was going to create my own login menu on wordpress to do this anyway but wanted to ensure the plugin is working correctly first.

File Updated:

• Password Special characters issues, registration and password reset issues resolved.

Registration and password resets are now routed through IPB.

Demo up.

Additionally, just a quick note to the naysayers in my file's comments.

If you truly feel the price is too steep for the initial effort, updates, and support above and beyond, I highly encourage you to make your own.

Then price the work involved, if you complete it. You are purchasing a polished supported product that does receive continual updates to enhance the feature set and resolve issues discovered(bugs), and nobody is forcing you to renew in the first place.

Hi Marcher, I have a new issue with the new file. When trying to register from the register link on the Wordpress front end.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agnithos/public_html/barcs/wp-login.php:58) in /home/agnithos/public_html/barcs/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

post-353778-0-54354700-1358254848_thumb.

Also I had a look at your demo and there is no where to register and test it. The register link is missing from the meta widget or have I missed something?

Hi Marcher, I have a new issue with the new file. When trying to register from the register link on the Wordpress front end.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agnithos/public_html/barcs/wp-login.php:58) in /home/agnithos/public_html/barcs/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

attachicon.gifregister error.JPG

Also I had a look at your demo and there is no where to register and test it. The register link is missing from the meta widget or have I missed something?

apologies, please upload from the download fresh again, fixed on both counts.

http://wp.marchertech.com/wp-login.php?action=register

Few questions before buying :

• what happens to users already registered on WP, can they login on both sides ?
  • what happens to users already registered on IP.Board, can they login on both sides ?
  • what happens to users already registered on both (WP and IPB) with :
    - same login but different passwords
    - same login and passwords
    - different login (a way to link ?)

Thanks !

Few questions before buying :

• what happens to users already registered on WP, can they login on both sides ?
  • what happens to users already registered on IP.Board, can they login on both sides ?
  • what happens to users already registered on both (WP and IPB) with :
    - same login but different passwords
    - same login and passwords
    - different login (a way to link ?)

Thanks !

• After one Manual Login to WP, yes.
  • Yes.
  1. The IPB password wins, they will not be able to login with the WP password, logging in with the IPB password will update the WP password.
  2. Login to both as normal, credentials match.
  3. considering how to approach this, WP explicitly does not allow username change, However changing the IPB login name to match would resolve the conflict.

Archived